2015 TDI Engine

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Just sounds like a normal upgrade. Unless there is some major improvement in performance or mileage,no big deal.

britpassat

TDI
2013 SE TDI Manual, 1983 VW Polo 1.0 Litre
To help improve emissions, a new exhaust gas recirculation system has been installed, the water-cooled intercooler and exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve have been integrated with the intake manifold and the exhaust after-treatment components have been moved closer to the engine by combining the diesel particulate filter (DPF) with the selective catalytic reduction (SCR) catalyst.

To decrease friction in the motor, VW has added new camshaft and balancer shaft bearings, new piston rings, and a two-stage oil pump with volumetric flow regulation.

phlfly

Banned
TDI
Passat SEL
I wonder when any Passat wagon (all wheel, fornt wheel) TDi will be here?

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Never.....They have no plans for a Passat wagen here and you will never see an AWD too expensive and they probably would not sell enough to cover the Expense of emission certifying for use in the USA.......

AtlantaRene

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE DSG w/Sunroof and Nav
I wonder how this may affect resale value on the current 2.5 and tdi's.
An 8% increase is a nice improvement. I remember when I almost bought a Prius, a much smaller car, with that type of MPG. I would not worry about resale value, it will be about over three years before they will be in the used market in any real numbers.

I buy a new car every 10 years, if they can get an 8% improvement every three years, I've got a lot to look forward too. :)

phlfly

Banned
TDI
Passat SEL
LOL! What the heck is Auto Guide? That's the European B7 Passat wagon, which I doubt will ever be sold here.

Then too bad for VW, since Benz and BMW is planning bring wagons BMW 3 series and Benz E- class. also I found ML350 BlueTec a very interesting buy. I found this car more interesting then VW Touareg in the term used car price.

phlfly

Banned
TDI
Passat SEL
Those would compete more appropriately with the Audi allroad, which is more or less an A4 wagon, wouldn't they?
Yes
and no. In terms of price - yes, but not a size. Also I would look for used one after 3-4 years. The price should be around 25,000, as all luxury cars are losing fast the value until 20,000 then stays at this price for long time.
The new 3-series BMW is big, really big, it's same size as e39 BMW (5 series 1998-2003), so the wagon should be bigger than Jetta wagon, but smaller then Benz E-class. So at the auto show, A4 wagon was smaller than BMW 3-series sedan at least the leg room on rear seat. So it's hard to say if BMW wagon is bigger or smaller then A4, I think it's slightly lager then A4, as it was always be. But it comes with I-4 diesel engine.

The Benz wagon E class is much bigger then A4 it's for sure. It should have I-4 diesel engine as well, called E250 BlueTec (190 Hp). I hope they are going to sell this model in US. So far I was reading the plan is 2014.

APT

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL
The Crosstour concept shown at the 2013 North American International Auto Show is the closest form I expect to see for a Passat Wagon in the US.

tdiot

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI 350000mi, Mercedes E320 CDI, 96 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 96 Serro Scotty Cummins RV, 93 Toyota Hilux 4x4 3.0 TD.
Be careful what you wish for......the ALH on the first MK IV turned out to be the most reliable and robust of all the engines on the Jetta/Golf platform. Newer is not always better!

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
And the ALH was almost as robust and reliable as the 1Z/AHU/AAZ. (More powerful I'll grant you, but less simple and therefore less robust...)

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
I know the cr engines are relatively new but fuel and emissions systems aside I haven't heard of any engine issues at all.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
emission crap aside i do believe the cr engine has good chance of becoming the next alh in terms of quality....Once the hpfp issue is resolved and someone comes up with an upgrade.

Nebelwerfer

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI
emission crap aside i do believe the cr engine has good chance of becoming the next alh in terms of quality....Once the hpfp issue is resolved and someone comes up with an upgrade.
What HPFP issues? There has been only one that has had an issue that has made it to this forum that wasn't a misfuelling mistake.

Care to fill us in?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
That guy has a Jetta, which are still plagued by the problem. ;)

VWJayhawk

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Would be neat if they bring the updated tdi motor to the Passats...I'm kind of thinking they will have to do so if they want to justify the cost to bring the GTD here (assuming same motor)...

Scottie3000

TDI
2013 Passat SEL DSG
It seems like a nice incremental upgrade. I'll probably have the next level when I'm ready or my next Passat TDI. I'm hoping for about 175 HP, 300 lb/ft and 45 mpg plus real world mileage.