Oil Leak From Back of Engine - 06 Jetta

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
This is all in regards to a 2006 Jetta Sedan TDI, 5 speed manual.
I've got an oil leak somewhere on the back of my engine, but I can't tell exactly where it's coming from. The back of the engine block was completely coated with oil, all the way from the oil pan, up to as high as I could see from below. There was also a significant amount of splatter on nearby hoses. The lower hoses had a better coating than higher up hoses.
I did an oil change on Wednesday in the evening, and now 1 day later there doesn't appear to have been any significant oil loss.
I've wiped everything down and will try to take another look on Friday to see if I can tell where the oil is coming from.
Does anyone have any ideas what might be leaking, or what I should look for?

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
You had the vlave cover off to check the lifters? if so this is probably leaking...If not then it could beloose as the engine vibrations loosen the VC screws..

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Pkg2 DSG Navi
The valve cover fasteners loosen over time and the back side of the BRM engine get's an oil bath if not attended. Happened to our MY06.5 TDI (BRM 1.9)
Additionally the air intake plumbing at the turbo has an interior placed o-ring which can allow oil to seep; this often shows itself as oil dripping on the H20 hose's beneath or nearby.

Try a little torque on those valve cover fasteners; think its a torx size 25 ???

Last edited: