Paintless dent removal (PDR)

AVE_ENG

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta Atlantic Blue
I've got one significant dent and a couple of door dings where the paint is still intact, and I'm considering calling in one of these PDR guys. Before I do, I wouldn't mind hearing peoples's impressions of the process. Please let me know...

Thanks

blitzoid

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue '02 Golf GLS TDI
I had a boatload of PDR work done on my WRX before I sold it. Some 15-20 door dings were removed, along with an impossible dent in the front of the hood, and one in the fender. Cost me $400, for what would have been at least $1200 in work at a normal body shop.

the chain i went to is called Carisma. They were reccomended by a local body/paint shop. I don't know if they're in other parts of the country, or canada for that matter, but I was thrilled with the results. You honestly couldn't tell that the dents were ever there.

ALCO

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 A3 Jetta, silver/2005 B5 Passat, silver
chetacer, I recommend "Dent Doctor" aka Richard Fenton who's shop is in the north end of Toronto. He took a shopping cart crease and door ding out of my wife's Miata. We watched him do it and the results were immaculate. You could not tell there was ever a ding, even running a light along the fender from six inches away. This guy advertises regularly in the local Miata newsletter. He's reasonable and does the job while you wait. He's a straight shooter too...if he can't do the job because of the nature of the boo-boo, he turns away the business. I saw him turn away a Volvo with a nasty crease. Number is (416)420-0220.

Good luck!