Just Got Offer, Any Deadline to Accept?

AboveBeyond

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
I just got my offer on Monday, July 31st. Is there a deadline to submit the offer back to VW? I want to keep the Jetta for a few more months (likely until Nov/Dec 2017).

Thanks.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Nope, there's no deadline. Or you could accept and upload it, and just not schedule an appointment until you're closer to when you want to turn it in.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
only thing that will change is the mileage adjustment factor, but that's a given, and once you set up the appointment it'll allow you to provide a true up and then give you the updated payout.

JCG57

TDI
'09 Jetta
You can accept the offer and schedule an appointment, I believe up to three months out. Then, if you want to keep the car longer you can reschedule the appointment. I have rescheduled the appointment on my 2014 Jetta twice so far with no problem, pushing it back three months each time.

fr@nknb33n$

TDI
2012 Golf
I'm holding out till summer of next year. I figure I can save at least $5000 in car payments and save 15K miles on a new car. I've already registered, but I haven't done anything more than that.

AboveBeyond

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
You can accept the offer and schedule an appointment, I believe up to three months out. Then, if you want to keep the car longer you can reschedule the appointment. I have rescheduled the appointment on my 2014 Jetta twice so far with no problem, pushing it back three months each time.
Good idea. I think I'll accept, schedule, and reschedule if I need too. Thanks.

AboveBeyond

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
I'm holding out till summer of next year. I figure I can save at least $5000 in car payments and save 15K miles on a new car. I've already registered, but I haven't done anything more than that.
I was hoping as well to delay until July of next year to save some money buying a used 2017 car. Sadly, my Jetta has 2 broken springs making it unsafe to drive. The repair cost $2k. :eek:

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
You can accept the offer and schedule an appointment, I believe up to three months out.
Or you can accept the offer and just not schedule an appointment. Why schedule an appointment you know you won't keep?

JCG57

TDI
'09 Jetta
Or you can accept the offer and just not schedule an appointment. Why schedule an appointment you know you won't keep?
Because you can never know for sure what the future holds. I like having a documented return date on both my and VW's calendar, which I can change if desired.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
And what does that "documented return date" do for you? It's not like they can't cancel it at will, and there have been threads here where that's happened.

fr@nknb33n$

TDI
2012 Golf
I was hoping as well to delay until July of next year to save some money buying a used 2017 car. Sadly, my Jetta has 2 broken springs making it unsafe to drive. The repair cost $2k. :eek:
I would do the exact same. I'm praying nothing happens between now and the time I sell it back. If I can get one more winter out of it, I'll be happy. Currently having an issue with the door latches not catching when its hot outside. Really weird. Once the doors cool down, the doors latch. Dealer wants $600 a door to fix. Unreal. Another month or so and it will start getting cooler out anyhow. Not worth fixing. But very aggravating.

JCG57

TDI
'09 Jetta
And what does that "documented return date" do for you? It's not like they can't cancel it at will, and there have been threads here where that's happened.
I have turned in three diesels, one with the date rescheduled twice, and have not had VW cancel any of the appointments. And Doug, the VW turn-in temp hire, has become my BFF, so by continuously rescheduling the appointment for my last TDI I am keeping Doug gainfully employed!

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
^^^ I had VW cancel 5 scheduled appointments.

To the OP, sounds like you're on the right track.