Correct Vaccum/Boost line setup 4 Manual Boost Valve?

CentralOregon

TDI
98 Jetta 1.9, 2003 Jetta 1.9, 2013 Touareg 3.0
I put in a manual boost valve and followed the instructions from the boost valve manufacturer, works great, but every 30 miles of so I get CEL & 00575 (manifold pressure differencial code) or something like that? I know it must be due to the overboost from the boost valve but what can I do to keep the CEL from lighting up? Do I need a chip retune, ECU reprogram or is there a special way you need to run the vaccum/boost hoses on the TDI (A3 wastegated not VNT)?

Currently the manual boost valve is between the waste gate actuator vaccum canister & the N75 (like I said manufactures generic "one size fits all" install instructions).

Thanks,

B

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
i thought you can use the boost valve and just have the n75 electronically plugged in (no hoses connected to it though). That' what I remember being told. But see if anyone verifies

CentralOregon

TDI
98 Jetta 1.9, 2003 Jetta 1.9, 2013 Touareg 3.0
N75 & or Chip Reprogram?

kooyajerms said:
i thought you can use the boost valve and just have the n75 electronically plugged in (no hoses connected to it though). That' what I remember being told. But see if anyone verifies
I know I have heard of several setups with the A3 that have an adjustable boost valve like the one I just installed, so I know it can work, if it is just a reprogram of the chip then I will go that route, but if someone comes along and lets me know about the n75 route I may do that in the short term?

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
IMHO, you need to have the N75 functional, and use the boost valve as a safety valve. Car was not designed to use boost valve as the primary means of boost control.

Generic Pierburg N75 valves are only about $50. No reason not to use them.