What did you do to your car today?

Nico3d3

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2001
Installed 1.8T brakes on front and back. Had to install new spindles on front before doing it but it's totally worth it. The brakes now have a better feeling and it will hopefully resolve, once and for all my vibration problem. I also changed both front sway bar bushing, no more annoying creaking noise.

Shawnz

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS TDI, ex-O1M
I took off the racepipe and I put the freshly cleaned out EGR / ASV back on with a new o-ring.

Now it 'clops' again when I shut it off :).

johnnloki

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI
Shawnz said:
I took off the racepipe and I put the freshly cleaned out EGR / ASV back on with a new o-ring.

Now it 'clops' again when I shut it off :).
So that's what that sound is, eh? The anti shudder valve? Never knew... still so green with these cars. First dub, first diesel, first manual.. all those noises it makes- I just shrug my shoulders and hope it's what it's supposed to do. :D

Ookpic

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 2Dr 5spd
Gave the car a wash, removed the snow tires/rims. While I had each corner off, I flushed the brake fluid. When I got around to the front, I removed the fender liners and cleaned all the mud out from behind them and removed the foam insert that causes rust. After I got the summer wheels on, I removed my EGR Cooler and installed the EGR Cooler delete kit. Then I removed the EGR/ASV Combi valve and installed my race pipe. Dropped one 5mm bolt and can't find it :mad:. Have to wait until tomorrow to pick one up! So didn't even get to test out the fruits of my labour!!!

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
Ookpic said:
Gave the car a wash, removed the snow tires/rims. While I had each corner off, I flushed the brake fluid. When I got around to the front, I removed the fender liners and cleaned all the mud out from behind them and removed the foam insert that causes rust. After I got the summer wheels on, I removed my EGR Cooler and installed the EGR Cooler delete kit. Then I removed the EGR/ASV Combi valve and installed my race pipe. Dropped one 5mm bolt and can't find it :mad:. Have to wait until tomorrow to pick one up! So didn't even get to test out the fruits of my labour!!!
Hey Brad how many beers did all this run you, thats a ton of work. ;)

Ookpic

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 2Dr 5spd
JASONP said:
Hey Brad how many beers did all this run you, thats a ton of work. ;)
I'd say that is about at least 6 beers worth of work but then again, I'm not a heavy beer drinker. More of single malt man. My back is killing me so it's time to relax. Hopefully, I can find a bolt tomorrow and something to plug the boost port. I'm still waiting for my boost/EGT gauge.

Ookpic

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 2Dr 5spd
JASONP said:
:D I see, malt is for sore muscles ?
single malt scotch will fix most everything that you can imagine. The trick is to know how much you need to fix what ever happens to be the current problem. Every problem requires careful scrutiny to determine the correct dosage. ;)

Ookpic

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 2Dr 5spd
JASONP said:
When's the new clutch going in ?
Who the hell knows??? That is a high dosage fix:D. Ordered a flashzilla and DC Stage III+ on the 18th of March and I'm still waiting. Supposedly they should have shipped early last week. Hopefully next week they'll be in and I'll make the appointment to get it installed.

I also forgot to mention that I picked up a force gauge off ebay cheap so I could measure the difference in clutch pedal pressure between stock and new one. I'll post the findings.

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I've been to the last one at Diesel Doctor's you're gonna like their shops. My $hitbox has already been Dyno'd but I'll show up to hang out, meet some other diesel heads.
May bring the '71:cool:

MethylEster

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5. Red, 5 Spd
Swapped the winter steelies for the Dunlops.

Installed the TDIParts Upper and Lower IC hoses along with an OMI.

Time for a beer or two or maybe even three. I'm beat !!

jstn

Veteran Member
TDI
gone to the dark side :)
tothemax said:
I did the scratched paint mod and totally fubar my paint job.

In the process of going emblemless, I tried to remove the glue w/ bug and tar remover. I used a plastic scraper and a green plastic scrubby pad. Great job! I highly recommend this mod to anybody who wants a perfectly good clear coat and paint job turned into a scratched up mess. Very Ghetto... maybe this will a new trend?

I may need to go the next step ... i.e. the $300 trunk lid paint job

EDIT: BTW There is no amount of turtle wax that can hide this.
wax won't fix that, you need a polish. meguiars mirror glaze FTW.

http://www.autogeek.net/meg7showcarg.html

- justin

KROUT

persona non grata
That stuff works great. If you do the cleaner the polish then a wax it will look like a new car. I did this on my bug and it looked like a new paint job. I used a cheap orbital buffer makes life so much easier.

sullyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
tothemax said:
Tnx partner,
Just go throught the different levels of polish, and don't go to fast if using a machine, you don't want to burn the paint. and just keep polishing.

I have been restoring my 98 Red Beetle's paint and it is going very well. Not as fast as I want but hey, I would rather go slow than have to repaint the whole thing right now.

If you have a company called "Flying Colors" in your area they could fix it and you would never know it was even there. I have seen those guy fix a "keying" scratch on a BMW in the dealers parking lot.......

sullyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Did the coolant tank "weep" hole mod & silicon sealed the head lights

Drilled the weep hole for the coolant tank connector and sealed my head light lens' with clear silicon sealant.

They have been leaking with all the rain and looked crappy. :eek:

Edit: I did dry them out and let them sit in the sun and evaperate the existing moister first.

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
I took my engine cover off and vacuumed off all the bugs that were under neath the cover. Wiped down the valve cover and did an overal engine bay inspection. Put car back in garage to wait untl June for an Oilhammer visit.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Sawed my Yakima crossbars to make them as flush as possible with the towers. Now it's custom, just the way it should be!

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
wheels look great!

and carbon fiber adds at least 50HP (looks good too)

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI

You're kidding, those are my wheels but in black,suits the black car I guess, looks good nice choice