Received News of Fix Released for my TDI

2012TDI-swilson

TDI
2012 Golf 4d 2.0L TDI
So I got a notice from CourtSettlement that there has been a fix approved for my 2012 Golf TDI. I held out for the fix but wasn't expecting the side effects that they listed out and now I'm not sure I want to do this. I'm curious if anyone has had the fix done yet and how the side effects are. They listed out:
* Engine sound will differ....will be increased noise from engine most noticeable at midrange engine speeds, specifically during moderate acceleration. This is I the one I'm most concerned about (how much noise and how noticeable is it)
*Frequency and occurrence of special engine operating modes will differ for previously (diesel particulate filter regeneration noise)
*Drive mode changes-while driving in normal Drive mode train will shift at slightly higher engine speeds during medium acceleration more noticeable at high altitude and engine warm up
*Sports Mode Change-train will shift earlier at low accelerator positions for improved driving comfort which results in a lower engine speed at constant driving
*Vehicle Drivability-minor change in engine torque while transitioning between operating modes. (VW does not expect these to be noticeable to drivers)
*Decreased fuel economy-2mpg depending on driving habits.
On Board Diagnostic system changes (OBD) - this is a long list and I don't really understand this but it seems odd but nothing that affects performance in my opionion.
Just curious if anyone has gone forward with the fix yet and what they have experienced in side effects? Thanks for sharing in advance.
Thanks,
Scott
2012 TDI 56000 miles fully loaded bought used with 6400 miles on it at a great price.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Nobody has had the gen1 fix done yet. Read some of the threads here.

piotrsko

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf, 2000 F-250 (7.3)
I have a 6mt so my notice was different. Engine noise changes , slightly less mpg, emissions equipment changes and lastly different software. Power and performance promised to stay the same.

Having said that, I have a Wolfsburg "performance" Golf.

Last edited: