2012 CJAA CR TDI 2.0 Cold Start issues

IanNJ

TDI
CJAA 2.0 CR TDI @ 50degrees In 1991 Vanagon Westfaila
Hey guys. Looking for some help. To make a long story short I have a 2012 CJAA CR TDI 2.0 in a 1991 Vanagon. The kit is custom from Boxeer.com

I posted this in the samba https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=728627&highlight=

I am having cold start issues. It seems to really struggle if it sits more then 5 hours and the temp is below 30*F

I have been on the road for a few days stressed about being stranded in New England. Im cutting my trip short. Looking for any thoughts or advice on the problem.

I recently upgraded from the CP4 to CP3 HPFP. I have no idea if the glow plugs are hooked up. I have no idea if I have a original starter or not. I paid a **** ton for this conversion because I am not the most mechanically inclined and to be honest I figured it was done right....but I keep have issues and am trying to sort it out.

Again any help would be amazing.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Best advice is to scan with VCDS. Then cycle GP's 3 or 4 times. If it doesn't start easier with several cycles then question if GP's are working