2011 Audi Q7 Post fix purchase

raymillsus

TDI
Q7 TDI in my future
Ok, I am new to this forum and my first post. I owned a VW Tourage years ago before I needed a large truck to pull a 20k lb camper. My question is now that my wife is in need of a new car we found a 2011 Q7 TDI with only 20k miles on it. HAs the bang Olufsen stereo in it an appears to be in great condition. Looks like it sat for about 2 years waiting on the fix (Carfax). The fix was completed on May 15, 2019, at 20,693 miles. I really like this vehicle as it is the only one I have seen with this stereo and headrest DVD system, it looks factory, to be honest, but it is hard to tell. My question is would anyone on here consider a vehicle that has been "Fixed"? I read both good and bad stories about the "Fix" is it a run and hide thing. If it is a good deal is it still a good car? We could get one with more miles for less but we like the fact that this only has 20k miles on it. We were not able to drive it as it has a rear hatch that is broken and will be fixed by the dealer before the sale. They have also offered to allow us to take it to our mechanic before the sale. They said that they are not trying to hide anything. And they said everything will be fixed before the sale. Also what kind of title would come with these are they full normal titles or do they have some stain on them?

Thank you for your consideration and your time to read my convoluted post.

-Ray

T

Last edited:

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
The emissions systems on 2011’s were very fault prone. I had a 2011 Touareg, which I loved in spite of the fact that it kept me and the dealer well acquainted. My best advice would be to look for the most recent model year you can afford, ideally a 2015, for better reliability of the systems. You’ll get a much longer warranty that way as well.

raymillsus

TDI
Q7 TDI in my future
Wouldn't the EMissions warranty cover those issues? Right now we need something comfortable for the wife and she has always loved the Q7 TDI. I was hoping that this was the one. They also have a 2012 but it has many more miles and she does not like it as much (Color combo) as this 2011. But I also do not want to spend my life at the dealer.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
Wouldn't the EMissions warranty cover those issues? Right now we need something comfortable for the wife and she has always loved the Q7 TDI. I was hoping that this was the one. They also have a 2012 but it has many more miles and she does not like it as much (Color combo) as this 2011. But I also do not want to spend my life at the dealer.

Yes, you’ll get a 4 year 48K warranty from whenever the fix was done if you buy the 2011. According to your first post that runs until May 2023. Check with your dealer to confirm the exact time and mileage limits. I wish I could give you better reassurance about the systems in the 2011 cars. I loved the vehicle, but even with all those repairs covered under warranty it was frustrating to see so many dashboard lights. At one point the dealer just told me to “drive with the light on, you won’t hurt anything.” This actually proved to be excellent advice, believe it or not.

Last edited:

raymillsus

TDI
Q7 TDI in my future
Thank you I think if that is the issue and it is covered under the Warranty then I could be ok. the car is very nice and has the "Fix" completed. So I think that means that it is good to go. With the warranty, It makes it easier. I would be more concerned with things not covered but I hear they are pretty solid cars with very little that goes wrong if the maintenance is kept up. I do my own maintenance and take it in for 1 a year to get them to take a deeper look to catch the things that I would not normally look for. I have been known to take vehicles every few years into a local car repair place that is amazing and do a "Pre-purchase" inspection to try to find things. The dealer has already agreed I can take it to my mechanic and have the inspection done before purchase. And they said that anything that is found will be fixed. They did not say at the same price though... LOL

Thank you for your input it is appreciated. Also if anyone else has an opinion or experience buying these postfix vehicles please chime in.

raymillsus

TDI
Q7 TDI in my future
Ended up with a 2012 Q7 Prestige Bang and Olfsen and DVD headrests. It is a TDI with 40k miles. Got them down to $21500. Felt it was a good price. Thank you for all the knowledge.