sdi-tdi

declanrbt

TDI
golf mk4s
right so i have a red mk4 estate sadly its the sdi
However i have a mk4 gttdi thats sadly been on the roof
now i love the red estate which is coming rarer and rarer in my area so im looking at doing the engine swap now before i here ' be eaier and cheaper to buy a tdi' number one they dont do a gttdi in my model
also i love a challenge
now other than the basics engine box look shafts etc is there anything that will catch me out ?
any one done this before shed some light
thanks
declanrbt is online now Report Post

declanrbt

TDI
golf mk4s
Is the trans the same?
Wiring will need studying...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
as is no trans is diffrent the sdi is 5 speed the gttdi is 6 but this is no issue has i have the full car the wiring is simple agian swap ecu with loom etc agian easy as i have the full donor car

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Having a manual already installed makes it easier because you don't have to install the clutch and wire the switches.
You would still want to get a copy of the wiring diagrams for the rain tray and verify they both use the same colors and locations for the wiring. On the face it appears to be plug and play. Take the entire harness and everything including the cluster and it will be as simple as possible.

declanrbt

TDI
golf mk4s
Having a manual already installed makes it easier because you don't have to install the clutch and wire the switches.
You would still want to get a copy of the wiring diagrams for the rain tray and verify they both use the same colors and locations for the wiring. On the face it appears to be plug and play. Take the entire harness and everything including the cluster and it will be as simple as possible.

Rain Tray ?
can you explain abit more please mate