New to me 15' Tdi se 4 door

justin71105

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon (BEW)
Black on Black Golf Tdi SE (CPO) with lighting package.

43k miles and looks pretty good as it sits. But will need a buff to get out a few swirls and small marks. Noticed it has a hitch on it, wonder what they pulled....probably bikes since it was a semi local car.

Only put 20 miles on it so far since getting it yesterday evening. Had a 14' tdi pretty well loaded for about 2 years before selling it back.

Would have kept it but had pretty bad hail damage and decided to not fix and just pocket all the $$ from buyback and ins to buy another later on.

Glad I did as this one has more options than my last one. Love everything the lighting package adds and the fender stereo sounds very good.

No plans on doing anything other than a good cleaning and buff right now. Looking for some cheap/small cosmetic things to do as well this fall/winter.

Maybe a stage 2 tune once the bumper to bumper warranty runs out in 2 years....maybe a little sooner if I have no real problems.

Paid a little more than I wanted but was the only one in my area. And I just sold my truck a little over a week ago and only had my motorcycle.

While I like riding my bike; after a week of only my bike I was ready for a/c and a roof again....getting caught in rain sucks.

Few pics included and probably update as I do small stuff just to keep up with when and what i did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

justin71105

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon (BEW)
185 miles and filled up just to see how close the in car mpg gauge is. It read 37.5mpg, put in 4.95 gallons so its very close to my hand calculation of 37.37mpg.

Going next week to have the scratches on my hood corrected and get the whole exterior cleaned up and ceramic coated. Hopefully it will protect from micro scratches from washes.

Ordered the aero cosmetic wash/wax kit so hopefully after the detailing I can keep it looking nice when I don't have time for a full wash.

Also ordered Tdi grille badges, black and chrome and a black and red one to see which i like better.

Last edited:

justin71105

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon (BEW)
LOVE the car, forgot how good the mpg was on my 14 Golf TDi when I sold it back to VW. My 18 bmw averaged 25 and my truck only avg 14. So glad to be rid of them both now.

Getting just about 40 mpg now per the display avg over the last 400 miles.

Going to run it another week to see what I get, still have 3/4 of a tank after 160 miles since fill up.

Now looking into an aftermarket cd player, only want to retain steering wheel controls and backup camera.

Having it detailed tomorrow evening, they are going to wash and wet sand hood as its got pretty bad swirls and polish the rest followed by wax and just a spray ceramic coating.

justin71105

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon (BEW)
Well been pouring all day so didn't have the whole car detailed...but he did get the scratches out of the hood for me. Had to wet sand with 2500, 3000, compound, polish and buff.

Lot of rock chips on the hood and front bumper still though. Will worry about those later down the road, maybe have them both repainted at some point.

You can see scratches in left picture, was a big area in middle of hood. He got all but 2 that I can only see when right on it with flashlight.

Still lots of swirl marks on rest of car I will be working on myself this weekend. He said they would likely come out with just compound and a polish so I will try that out and see how it goes.

justin71105

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon (BEW)
Got it cleaned up and used some Simoniz ceramic wax on it. Still has swirls I’ll likely need to compound out, maybe later this year.

Has white specks all over it, roof/sides/front/back dont know what it is but it wont come off. Tried small area with compound/clay bar/goo gone...last thing i will try is acetone maybe tomorrow on a small spot. Problem is if it works i gta do the whole wash/wax/cermic wax again lol.

Can’t see them unless you hit it with a flashlight or get right on it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justin71105

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon (BEW)
Mpg keeps climbing with normal work/errand driving.

dutch.mafia

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
I need to have some paint work done on mine too. Lots of swirl marks - looks like the previous owner used a horse brush to clean it. Lol.

Has yours had the stage 2 fix done yet? JW because you are at that mileage point.

justin71105

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon (BEW)
Only stage 1, holding out until I get a letter from VW. The dealer didn’t mention it when I bought it and I’m not until I have an issue or get something from VW.

From reading the 5 year/60k mile ext warranty starts after stage 2 is done.

I still havent even finished the factory 5 year 60k warranty.

noplug

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS
I like your mark seven but I like your Roadglide better I’ve got a 2009 with the Zippers built 107 engine.