FS; SALVAGE 2001 Golf TDI with 65k on engine ! in CA

tdi 1.9

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf with 44k ALH engine
Lot of money for 4 door automatic 15 year old salvage TDi that's a dime a dozen these days regardless of mileage

Bajan
New price .
This 15 yr old salvage car was moving me from point A to point B with no problems , using very little fuel . I spent $35 for parts . MAF sensor only for $35 . My brand new clean title $65,000 Mercedes Sprinter van ate faaar more money .

Last edited:

tdi 1.9

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf with 44k ALH engine
Bump to the top.
I also have 5sp conversion , with a very very low mileage , almost new . Can sell it with the car for extra $$$.

tdi 1.9

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf with 44k ALH engine
Thanks for an offer .
I sold my old engine in parts for almost that .. With broken head and broken IP .
And , yes I found a copy of a CL ad about that engine .
There is one tdi on this forum with a similar mileage , clean title car . The guy wants $13,000 for it ! I am asking - is the timing belt replaced on his tdi ? Or - is intake manifold cleaned on his tdi ? On my tdi - yes on both .

Last edited:

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
$3600. I am thinking parting out the car , not sure if I have time for it ..
Probably the best way to go seeing it has a salvage title and diesels aren't selling well these days. You can't give them away around here with D2 at $1.80/gallon and RUG @ $1.49/gallon.

tdi 1.9

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf with 44k ALH engine
Probably the best way to go seeing it has a salvage title and diesels aren't selling well these days. You can't give them away around here with D2 at $1.80/gallon and RUG @ $1.49/gallon.
You guys have diesel at $1.80/ gallon ? We still paying $2.50+ in CA . I remember when diesel was $4/ gallon and I posted my 97 Passat for sale for like $5k , lol. I had so many calls , sold it for 4k in like one week , and that thing had like 300k on odo, but yes it had clean title .
Should I wait till price for gas will go up ?( after election, imo)

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's