11mm injector pump with stock injectors?

bungy42

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
A search didn't turn up any answers. Is it acceptable to run an 11mm injector pump with the stock .184 injectors on an A4 Jetta? Or are the .205 injectors a prerequisite?

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
It will work fine. Folks with auto trannies originally had teeny little injectors on those injector pumps, and the manual-trans injectors were an upgrade.

Golf_GTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
Heck yea it is. The 11mm pump is one of the prime bits of performance goodness you can lay hands on so run it with the 184s and enjoy.

eetsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, galaxy blue
I have never driven an 11mm without a chip so this may not be true with stock programming but I find the 11mm pump louder then 10mm pump. When you lay into it it will be noticably louder in the car. Just cruising you won't here the difference. It should be a nice power upgrade for you. You could even go up to .205s without a lot smoke.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Mo' Powah!!

Hey man. The used 11mm pumps are dear these days. I am looking for a couple myself. I know where you can get several, but they are Katrina pumps!:eek: I have new ones though. Go ahead, get the pump....you'll be glad you did. Add some pp520's......and a clutch.....and you'll be rockin'!

Stop by sometime. I have all that stuff, and you can check it out. I can even set up a test drive of cars with those mods if you like.:D

KROUT

persona non grata
vw4motion can probably get them. Dont buy from hope imports. I just got mine working I was really suprised by the extra power it gave.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
I have a couple of fresh remans with 0 miles.

see kermatdi.com for details.

bungy42

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
While we're on the subject, what other concerns are there? For example, is the 11mm pump the reason the automatics have a shorter timing belt interval? Will I have to adopt the shorter interval? I'm sure there's other things I don't know about.

Chris, what so bad about "Katrina pumps"? Aren't they sealed? How would any flood waters get in? And even if it did, can't you just rebuild the pump? It seems like you could get one of these pumps very cheap (and cheap is good).

KROUT

persona non grata
Damn kerma if I would have know that I could have bought it from you and saved alot of aggravation with my pump.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Not as chaep as they ought to be. The problem is, were they submerged, and for how long. Now, if I was offered flood damaged pumps for $100, I'd be all over them like a cheap suit. But these guys wanted full pop! Nuts! I'll check again if you like.

Golf_GTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
I did get one from VW4motion but the things are RARE in europe. Everyone there has the good sense to drive a stick. If you ask him nice he may find you one but Kerma is one of the better bets for a whole list of reasons.

bungy42

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
Chris, I agree that full price is nuts, but I'm willing to go a little higher than $100.

What does the 11mm vs 10mm mean? Is that the diameter of some orifice in the pump?

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
KERMA said:
I have a couple of fresh remans with 0 miles.

see kermatdi.com for details.
AND... a 12 k miles guarantee.