hot side bolt info for VNT15

WayFastJett

TDI
81 caddy,00 jetta, 03 wagon
i seen through the search it has been asked before but could not find an answer. i am looking for size of the 5 hot side bolts for my VNT i have cleaned. they were all destroyed so had to cut the heads off to get the cartridge out and drilled the left over studs. i am pretty sure they are metric and i know they are not m6x1.0. none of my local suppliers have m6x1.25 to test which i would figure are the sizes. i also am not able to get my thread pitch gauges in the hole but even if i could it would be really hard to be 100%. any help is appreciated as both Garret and the 2 closest garret service shops have not gotten back to me in over a week of asking.

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
an ALH M-TDI in a MK2, a 2000 Jetta, 2003 wagon
What makes you think they aren't 6m1.
Pretty sure that's what the bolts that hold the core to the exhaust are.

Little shortys.

kreibach

Veteran Member
TDI
sold my 03 :-(
I just happen to have a stock VW garret VNT-15 on my workbench. I had removed the bolts and center section 2 weeks ago when evaluating it (and bought a whole new turbo).

I measured with a not super accurate set of calipers and got thread major diameter Ø15/64" which is about Ø6mm. length without the washer is .39 which is about 10mm. And it matches up best with my 26tpi thread gage which is about 1mm pitch (1/26*25.4=.98 mm/thread). I also have 25 and 27tpi gages which didn't match up as well. 2 bolts hold the actuator bracket and don't have the washer. The washer on the other 3 bolts that don't hold the actuator bracket is 1/8" thick and Ø5/8 OD.