2002 ALH TDI Auto parts car for sale- skidplate, bilstein, new tires 300 OBO

I_hate_the_01M

TDI
2002 Jetta
SALE PENDING

I have an 2002 black Jetta sedan ALH TDI auto for sale. Car is located in Front Royal, VA. The car has about 280k on the odometer and does not run/ has been sitting. The torque converter/ auto trans are toast. Value of the car is in good condition tires mounted on factory 15" alloys, DieselGeek skidplate, and Bilstein shocks/ overload springs with pretty good life left.

The tires were put on approximately 500 miles before the transmission gave out. They are "Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position SL" size 195/65R-15. I quite liked these tires and had gone through multiple sets over the course of owning the car. The would last me between 40 and 45k a set for reference and I found them to be much better (grippier, both around corners and they do pretty well in rain/ ice/ snow) than the Contis my mechanic recommended. Three of the four tires are already off (I had some old snow tires I put on) but one was stuck on pretty well and is still on the car. Tires are in good condition despite car sitting.

The car has Bilstein HD struts all around, and stiffer springs up front as well as overload springs in the rear. I had gone through one set and this was the second set of Bilsteins on the car. I believe they were put on about 10k miles before the car died and have plenty of life left. Car also has a DieselGeek skidplate installed.

To give you a little more info the car has been sitting for a few years. I loved the car and when the transmission died (the second time) I was most certainly not going to pay to get it fixed again, but kept it with hopes of one day attempting an auto to manual swap. This was really in no way realistic and ultimately time passed, I moved across the country, and it is still sitting at my father's house in Virginia (Front Royal, VA). Now the time has finally come to get real and get rid of the thing. For the first 2 years I would go and start it up and drive it up and down the driveway and around the block, unfortunately it has now been at least 2 years since it has run at all. There certainly will be some salvageable parts from the engine and other parts of the car, but as stated, I see the value in the tires, suspension and skid plate. (As stated the trans and torque converter are shot, it passed inspection and I was told it wasn't the rack, but there was a slow leak somewhere in the power steering system, and I think it was just the clutch on the pulley, but the alternator stopped working sometime after the transmission had died. Everything else was in working order before it has sat.)

Need to get rid of the car and open to offers. Buyer will have to pick up car. Would like to sell as whole but if there is no interest I would sell just the tires and skidplate and donate the car. Thank you for reading. Please message me if you have questions. -Mark

300 OBO

Last edited:

Cncgarrod

TDI
Jetta
Skid plate

I was wondering if you would be interested in shipping the skid plate ?heres my number if you would like to text me.
402-649-1453

I_hate_the_01M

TDI
2002 Jetta
Sale pending sorry to not have replied to others I have been in contact with the first to reply.