PD 150 injectors

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf GLS, '01 Dodge/Cummins
Does any one have experience running these in a BEW motor? I realize they would come after tunes & air flow mods. I'm just looking ahead & wondering about the best way to get 180 to 200 hp.

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
Plug & play. :) Tuning will need doing to optimise the software.

However, you will want either a stock vnt17, or a hybrid vnt17 to really make use of the uprated injectors as well.

A Skoda Fabia PD100 TDI over here ran a comfortable 180bhp (crank) with just these 2 things (stock vnt17) and some mapping, and an intercooler.

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
devonutopia said:
Plug & play. :) Tuning will need doing to optimise the software.

However, you will want either a stock vnt17, or a hybrid vnt17 to really make use of the uprated injectors as well.

A Skoda Fabia PD100 TDI over here ran a comfortable 180bhp (crank) with just these 2 things (stock vnt17) and some mapping, and an intercooler.
Thanks for the information, Devon. I do have a hybrid turbo on order. Things could get interesting. :rolleyes:

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
cart before horse?

I may be getting ahead of myself but I just popped for a set of PD 150 injectors from the UK. :rolleyes: I could,t pas s up the good buy. :cool:

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
there's a set with your name on here too Jase, Might have the complete race ones off you to move things along quicker for ya!

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
I may well take you up on that. :)

Have tonight confirmed the order of the new nozzles. :)

In which case I'll be asking you to send the nozzles direct to United Diesel as they've quoted me to change the nozzles and it's not a bad price including the bench testing.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Drop me a PM and We'll work something out!!

Cheers

Ry

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
the injectors a great u[grade. they really seem to be a right fit for the BEW i have a 17/22 also but it makes the car so much better! you wont be disappointed. but for these cars, the turbo is the major player.. and make sure you do enough air mods to support your goals.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Farfromovin said:
I'm going to guess 20whp and 20-30 ft/lbs of torque.
That would be a nice increase from where he's currently at. Sounds like injectors are in my not so far off future. Just wondering if I should go straight to R783 injectors and skip going with stock PD150 injectors...........

Any thoughts? I do plan on getting a Stage 2 Colt cam after I get the injectors, just to see what each mod is increasing power by.

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
I am in the middle of this mod. I have never dynoed so i do not know what I was making before. (before) downpipe. catectomy, mufflerectomy, 17/22, 3-bar, RC4+, g60/vr6, stock injectors

After- same as above but PD 150 Inj, ported head, colt stage II cam, passrenger peformance intake, r32 airbox mod SB stageIII clutch.

I am giving the bottom end a lookover and most likely installing new rod bearings.

after this all that is left is a FMIC and the mods will be done for this car.

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
3L3M3NT said:
That would be a nice increase from where he's currently at. Sounds like injectors are in my not so far off future. Just wondering if I should go straight to R783 injectors and skip going with stock PD150 injectors...........

Any thoughts? I do plan on getting a Stage 2 Colt cam after I get the injectors, just to see what each mod is increasing power by.

With R783 in PD150 injectors, you will have more fuel than a 17/22 will handle. I love that kit that DC Turbos just came out with. I will prob save and build the block, then put a 2359 with R783s...come on 250 whp :eek:

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
dieselpower04 said:
With R783 in PD150 injectors, you will have more fuel than a 17/22 will handle. I love that kit that DC Turbos just came out with. I will prob save and build the block, then put a 2359 with R783s...come on 250 whp :eek:

250? is a FWD car even safe at 250hp:p :) :eek: :eek:

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
dieselpower04 said:
Probably a good call for now then to just get PD150 injectors and when the time comes get some R783 injectors when I decide to get either one of the DC kits or I'm thinking at GTB22260vk wouldn't be a bad turbo either and who knows in 2-3 years there might be a better option out there...........

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
3L3M3NT said:
Probably a good call for now then to just get PD150 injectors and when the time comes get some R783 injectors when I decide to get either one of the DC kits or I'm thinking at GTB22260vk wouldn't be a bad turbo either and who knows in 2-3 years there might be a better option out there...........
That was my thought. That way the tune world can get some serious time to max out what can be done from them. For a 17/22, ARL injectors are enough.

Its the never ending game of: Add fuel, need bigger turbo. Add bigger turbo, need more fuel!!! :rolleyes:

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
dieselpower04 said:
That was my thought. That way the tune world can get some serious time to max out what can be done from them. For a 17/22, ARL injectors are enough.

Its the never ending game of: Add fuel, need bigger turbo. Add bigger turbo, need more fuel!!! :rolleyes:
I hear you there and it all requires more $$$:D especially for us PD guys when it comes to injectors.

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
dieselpower04 said:
Amen brotha! Worth it to be known as a bad a$$ diesel tho! :D
Two nights ago i made a fatal mistake with my current mods.

I broke out the calculator:eek: Parts, shipping, more parts, more shipping, machineing fees, more shipping, changing my mind= more parts, more shipping, European tariffs, PayPal fees. chachingchaching$$$$$$$$$$$

Bad thing with modding is each time the thrill of the mod after completion gets shorter and shorter after :(

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI, 09' JSW TDI, 09' BMW 335d
LiLredTDI said:
Two nights ago i made a fatal mistake with my current mods.

I broke out the calculator:eek: Parts, shipping, more parts, more shipping, machineing fees, more shipping, changing my mind= more parts, more shipping, European tariffs, PayPal fees. chachingchaching$$$$$$$$$$$

Bad thing with modding is each time the thrill of the mod after completion gets shorter and shorter after :(
This might make you feel a little better about how much you spent.
I did the calculator thing a month or so ago and realized that last year alone I spent more in just parts (severely discounted parts) than I paid for my car new.:eek: I totaled up to just over $18,000, the wife asked how much I spent and so I told her straight up, she said dang, are you done yet? I said almost.:D I just need a few more pieces.;) She is very understanding when it comes to my obsessions.

The list of things to do will never get smaller, with each new mod there are two more that "need" to be done.;)

If I had to pay people to do the work, I would have doubled what I spent last year.

That doesn't include what I have spent in previous years, the year before I only spent about $7000. Year before that was about $3500.

That is why I recommend only getting a tune and stopping, unless you already have the mod disease.

O.C.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
O.C.TDI said:
This might make you feel a little better about how much you spent.
I did the calculator thing a month or so ago and realized that last year alone I spent more in just parts (severely discounted parts) than I paid for my car new.:eek: I totaled up to just over $18,000, the wife asked how much I spent and so I told her straight up, she said dang, are you done yet? I said almost.:D I just need a few more pieces.;) She is very understanding when it comes to my obsessions.

The list of things to do will never get smaller, with each new mod there are two more that "need" to be done.;)

If I had to pay people to do the work, I would have doubled what I spent last year.

That doesn't include what I have spent in previous years, the year before I only spent about $7000. Year before that was about $3500.

That is why I recommend only getting a tune and stopping, unless you already have the mod disease.

O.C.
I'd say you are one lucky man to have a wife that is so understanding. I'm single, so I can get away with spending more than I should on some mods, but finding a wife that will allow that is second to none.

This is why I never add up what I've spend to mod anything I've owned, because it would make me sick and I would realize that I have a problem and I should probably seek help:D

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
3L3M3NT said:
I'd say you are one lucky man to have a wife that is so understanding. I'm single, so I can get away with spending more than I should on some mods, but finding a wife that will allow that is second to none.

This is why I never add up what I've spend to mod anything I've owned, because it would make me sick and I would realize that I have a problem and I should probably seek help:D
I have known and accepted my problem. I am just happy that I found a lady to accept me and my problems.;)

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Back to the injectors. Ryan lined me out a while back as well but I haven't installed yet due to other things. Is it kind of pointless to install the 150 injectors with out the turbo upgrade. I don't have the money yet for the turbo as I am also doing a TB and a suspension upgrade not including having a baby in a couple months. I can wait on the injectors if it does no good without a turbo upgrade. I was thinking of tacking it around the time of the timing belt job this year. I do have a q-loader already as well. Also, maybe a dumb question but is there a shelf life on the PD injectors as to how long they can sit without any seals or other things inside going bad. I know more on the older style injectors found on the rabbits and not the PD system.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
The injectors don't have any internal seals that I know about. It's all steel on steel AFAIK. The external O-rings need replacing anyway. I don't think it's really necessary, but I would soak the injectors from the top O-ring down in diesel while you wait if it's going to be a while. Just to keep any moisture from getting inside and causing huge headaches down the road. I'd also run diesel purge through the car when you install the injectors. Easier to do this than trying to find a shop who can test and repair unit injectors on this side of the world LOL.

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
coalminer16 said:
Back to the injectors. Ryan lined me out a while back as well but I haven't installed yet due to other things. Is it kind of pointless to install the 150 injectors with out the turbo upgrade. I don't have the money yet for the turbo as I am also doing a TB and a suspension upgrade not including having a baby in a couple months. I can wait on the injectors if it does no good without a turbo upgrade. I was thinking of tacking it around the time of the timing belt job this year. I do have a q-loader already as well. Also, maybe a dumb question but is there a shelf life on the PD injectors as to how long they can sit without any seals or other things inside going bad. I know more on the older style injectors found on the rabbits and not the PD system.
My first mod after a catback was the PD150 injectors followed by a tune. Once the nozzles were installed the car had more power, and considerably more pull in the upper RPM's, it did smoke pretty heavy. After the tune, the smoke disappeared and the power stayed about the same. After a couple of tune updates I ran at 22psi solid with a very light haze. I can't say that the injectors will give you any advantage without a turbo to match them, I can say there were no ill effects.
If you haven't already, you might want to check the status of your cam before the timing belt, it would be best to take care of cam and timing belt at the same time.
Far... is on the right track with storage. Keep them away from moisture and dust, keep the tips protected, its a good idea to clean them before you store them.

O.C.

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
coalminer16 said:
dont know about the interior, but you will need to purchase one new seal kit for each injector for install. You will love the nearly $20 apiece price tag on each kit. This for a couple of o-rings and a washer.