Hpfp filter setup

Kyle250

TDI
2011 jetta
It seems like this is talked about a lot and at one point in time someone by the name of 2 micron had a solution. Sooo since he is no longer making a filter kit to keep the hpfp from wiping out the whole fuel system if it goes can i make one easily? With the research ive been doing it looks like you take and install a fuel filter on the feed side and one on the return side and eliminate the stock one. Is this true? Am i thinking right? Any help would be much appreciated. This whole fear of the hpfp goin out and spreading metal shavings throughout the fuel system is keeping me from doing anything aftermarket to my car in fear of voiding the warranty.
2011 jetta tdi manual. First tdi bought about 2 months ago

Jaymarks

TDI
09 Jetta TDI DSG (bought back),12 Jetta TDI 6man (totaled and bought back), 15 Jetta TDI DSG
Did you ever come up with anything? I looked into this a few months ago for my 2015. I believe those 2 micron kits included a filter for the high pressure line downstream of the hpfp. This would prevent metal fragments from getting into the injectors if the hpfp were to fail. It sure would be nice to contain the shavings to the one metal line between the hpfp and the filter but this is a very high pressure line and like you said, 2 micron doesn't appear to be selling the kits anymore.

Kyle250

TDI
2011 jetta
I have not come up with anything yet. From what ive been reading the solution is to buy a 2 micron kit because its seems like it hasnt been really talked about since back when the 2 micron kit was available

KeyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagon
I just went thru this concern process on my new to me, 2012 JSW, with 120k.

The boys up in that section told me I was wasting my energy as VW has bumped the warrantee on the HPFP 4 years or 48k miles after the Emissions fix was done...

Jaymarks

TDI
09 Jetta TDI DSG (bought back),12 Jetta TDI 6man (totaled and bought back), 15 Jetta TDI DSG
Yes but 48k miles will pass in 2 years or less for many of us.

KeyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagon
Not saying it won’t.
First, I was informing you what I learned.
Second, it might be best to wait to buy/fit the kit until the warrantee expires.
That’s what I will do.
My money would be on VW trying to wiggle out of a $7000 warrantee claim if they pull the hood and see an aftermarket, non approved modification to the fuel feed system.
I’m gonna wait until the week after that 4 year extension. ��

Jaymarks

TDI
Do doubt they will try to deny warranty with modifications. Hopefully someone will offer some filter kits for the high pressure side again in the near future.

ja_cain

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
What is the rail pressure? I may have someone that could provide a large area filter (low pressure drop) .5 micron and up. What micron rating would you guys be shooting for to protect the fuel system?

Jaymarks

TDI
Probably 2 micron & 30000psi

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
Just curious.
Is the purpose of the filter to protect against a failing HPFP?
If so, why not just swap out the stock one for the CP3 HPFP?
Are the not available from Darkside Developments?
Or are you wanting to do this in addition to CP3 upgrade?

To my understanding, nobody (here at least) has had a CP3 fail.
I know that “back in the day”, people were doing both CP3 + 2micron filter kits.
I’m interested because I have a CP3 waiting to go in as soon as my warranty is up. I just wanted to know what your thoughts/plans were on this.

keaton

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI-less ATM
I just went thru this concern process on my new to me, 2012 JSW, with 120k.

The boys up in that section told me I was wasting my energy as VW has bumped the warrantee on the HPFP 4 years or 48k miles after the Emissions fix was done...
passed that 20k+ miles ago.

Do doubt they will try to deny warranty with modifications. Hopefully someone will offer some filter kits for the high pressure side again in the near future.
Yes it will. When I talked to the dealer they said if they saw it it would void the warranty regardless if it makes it better.

ja_cain

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
Couple more options. Looks like you can get a nominal micron rating down to 2.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk