I Picked up a 2015 GSW!

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
This is my first personally owned diesel, as well as my first wagon, and modern VW. I have/had expereince with older VW flat 4s (like 1600s and currently a 2276 in my pops dune buggy) as well as some late 60s baja bugs, but this wagon is the most modern of any vehicle I have had. Traded in my lifted 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 in favor of a more economical commuter car, and this is what I picked up. Obviously its a TDI, 2015 GSW with the DSG trans. Pure white exterior, tan leather, has the Fender sound system and the Pano Sun/Moonroof, heated seats. Those are the biggins as far as I am concerned for the specs. I will drop a picture in the next comment as they are on my phone and I am familiar with tapatalk from the forum I had been apart of from my truck.

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
It's a beauty!

I think those are the adaptive headlamps. I have them. Mine is reflex silver but otherwise appears to be about the same package.

If you have your lights on and approach a turn with turn signals on, does you fog light turn on as you approach the stop (only the side towards the turn)?? Mine do.

Also, at low speed at night, your lights aim in the direction that you turn??

I thought this was Audi/BMW stuff (or Passat). But here we have it in a Golf!

I also like the led lighting in the cab at night. Subtle lighting that makes it easy to find things in the door, for instance. Nice horizontal glowing bar on the inside of the front doors when the door is open too.

Last edited:

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
This is the SE trim so it’s got some good options. Yes it has the LED lighting inside and I love they, simply the color of the near pure white light from the LED off the tan interior makes this thing look much more modern and upscale from my 2013 truck I had.

Yes, when I go into a turn it seems the fog light on the inside corner does come on. That was one thing I discovered last night! Loving it so far and this white on tan interior spec is amazing in my opinion... I gotta get more pics once I settle in. Maybe some stickers for the back windshield. Need a thin blue/red/green or yellow line sticker! Maybe even a joking role coal sticker my neighbor has lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
Fog lights coming on during a turn is normal package. The lighting package will have bi-xenons and adaptive headlights. They'll sweep around a corner. You might be able to crank the wheel and see if the headlights turn.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Wouldn't the bi-xenon headlights be white and not yellow like a standard halogen? Mine are the yellow (which I am not a fan of color wise being color blind and coming from HIDs that I had swapped into my truck), and also have not seen the headlights move while turning, just the fogs clicking on.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
Yes, I was pointing out yours does not have the adaptive lighting package.

My SEL does not have the lighting package but the fogs do turn on when I turn left or right. I was mainly clarifying for dubStrom that adaptive lighting refers to the headlights and the "adaptive" fogs are standard (as far as I know; they aren't part of the adaptive headlight package was the point)

The adaptive and tech package were unmentioned in the ad I found for a Golf I got my buddy into. It was cheap, too, and I waffled between that and the SEL wagon I eventually ended up in. We didn't know he had adaptive lighting until we were pulling out of the rest area we met the dealer guy in (met at the AZ/CA border to do the sale) and I was looking in my rear view and was like wait a freaking minute pull over...yeah I was jelly. The color I always wanted, the packages I always wanted, the dealer had no idea what they had on their lot! But wagon, kids, and KESSY won me over and I'm happy with what I have...somewhat :) All that is to say I was very happy when I found out I at least had "adaptive" fogs when I turned into my driveway that night. Eased some of the bubbling buyers regret (I was tempted to buy both the Golf and the Wagon and my wife was ok with it...but common sense prevailed).

Last edited:

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
Yes, I was pointing out yours does not have the adaptive lighting package.

My SEL does not have the lighting package but the fogs do turn on when I turn left or right. I was mainly clarifying for dubStrom that adaptive lighting refers to the headlights and the "adaptive" fogs are standard (as far as I know; they aren't part of the adaptive headlight package was the point)

The adaptive and tech package were unmentioned in the ad I found for a Golf I got my buddy into. It was cheap, too, and I waffled between that and the SEL wagon I eventually ended up in. We didn't know he had adaptive lighting until we were pulling out of the rest area we met the dealer guy in (met at the AZ/CA border to do the sale) and I was looking in my rear view and was like wait a freaking minute pull over...yeah I was jelly. The color I always wanted, the packages I always wanted, the dealer had no idea what they had on their lot! But wagon, kids, and KESSY won me over and I'm happy with what I have...somewhat :) All that is to say I was very happy when I found out I at least had "adaptive" fogs when I turned into my driveway that night. Eased some of the bubbling buyers regret (I was tempted to buy both the Golf and the Wagon and my wife was ok with it...but common sense prevailed).
Yes, I have the lighting package. But I do not have the SEL badge. No NAV in the dash. But I have my phone for that. I also have the Fender speaker/sub system. Other than Nav, what else would I have gotten with SEL?
8 way seats?? I would like that.
I upgraded my old ALH wagon with a pair of leather 8 way power seats, and it transformed the cab.
Anything else in SEL I don't have??