AC only blows hot air

dtgraen

TDI
2004 jetta tdi 1.9L turbo
I have a mk4 Jetta and I was driving around and it was 95 degrees outside and my ac went from ice cold to a weird warm and it's been only blowing warm air for about 2 weeks now and I'm over it what should I do?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
The first place to start is to see if the A/C compressor pulley clutch is engaging when you have it turned on. Since it went away gradually, though, I'd suspect a refrigerant leak.

hollowhead

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon 5 speed(2)2000 vw beetle tdi automatic
Check that your cooling fans are working,the compressor is coming on and check the high and low side pressures and report back.

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
As suggested is there enough pressure in system to activate a/c system.
Do the main rad fans come on when a/c selected?
If yes do you have 12 volts down at the A/c clutch when ac selected? If no trace power back to fcm, if yes see if clutch is open ( should be continuity ).

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Check the fuse block on top of the battery. In the upper right corner, there are three 30A fuses in a row. Pull the left most fuse and look at the contacts. I have fixed 3 or 4 cars where the connectors have overheated enough to melt the plastic but not blow the fuse. The fix is simple, just clean the fuse spades and sockets with a small strip of emery cloth, squeeze the sockets a bit with a pair of needle nose pliers to close them up some and reinsert the fuse. A shot of Deoxit contact cleaner wouldn't hurt either.