1.9 TDi ASV Overheating+ oil in water, head gasket or oil pump?

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Still need something for a counter-hold. Don't want to use the cam lock (in the cam end's slot [vacuum pump end]) to hold as you can end up breaking the end of the cam.

Nope, you hit the center off the cam, it goes back a bit and the shock loosens the cam gear. Done. :D

Djyo

TDI
Leon mk1 "02 1.9 tdi s"
Forgot to update this so I went about doing what seat man suggested 6mm drill bit in pump set to TDC vac pump off and coilover spanner fitted very snug into slot in cam, crank set to TDC removed belt and cam sprocket and it was spot on, put belt back on, went about making a tool for the tensioner got a piece of metal drilled two holes using this pic I found and fitted two screws worked perfectly

Tried again turning it over by hand but still wouldn't want to turn over!
Then I remembered I let my 3 year old son play in the car the day before when I took the head off and he had put it in gear!! Haha at least it was checked and double checked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djyo

TDI
Leon mk1 "02 1.9 tdi s"
Is the injector pump timing to be checked after a belt change? seem to be I'm loosing mpg

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Is the injector pump timing to be checked after a belt change? seem to be I'm loosing mpg

Yep, need to hook up vagcom for the final tweaks

Djyo

TDI
Leon mk1 "02 1.9 tdi s"
Cheers mate looks easy enough from YouTube videos just wasn't sure since I locked it

Djyo

TDI
Leon mk1 "02 1.9 tdi s"
Got another question for you mate lol
My sump plug hole has been welded and don't have a plug but do have an oil level sensor do you think it's ok draining the oil from there?

I can also borrow some oil from work "Q8 Formula VX Long Life 5W-30" will this be ok on my engine? Here is the tech sheet I don't understand most of it but do see it meets VW 507.00.
http://pds.q8research.com/sheetcommercialpdf.php?id=633&taal=E

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
You should be able to get just about all the oil out the sensor hole and yeh that oil should be fine by all accounts, I wouldn't buy it but if it's free I'd probably use it lol

Djyo

TDI
Leon mk1 "02 1.9 tdi s"
Not had time to get it on vagcom yet but I am getting a little diesel leak from the top of the injector line, would this because of the injector pump timing or the line itself? I have tried tightening it little more but it's still leaking

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
If you're sure that it's leaking from the top of the line then loosen both ends of the line and tighten the injector end first and then the end on the IP. Not sure of the torque specs, but you don't want to really crush on these fitting.

Djyo

TDI
Leon mk1 "02 1.9 tdi s"
Yeh it's definitely from there not a very good picture as these not much diesel there but can see where it has cleaned the head, it leaks a lot more after a run on the motorway, will give that a try cheers!

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Tighten the 10mm bolt on the return line fitting, sometimes they come loose when knocked.