Electro-Mechanical Parking Brake Coding Need Help

sebz

TDI
2000 jetta
I'm putting a TDI CJAA engine from a 2010 Jetta TDI in my 2010 Tiguan.

All the wiring is done. But now, I try to figure how to make to ABS module working. It's important because the Tiguan have Electro-Mechanical Parking Brake.

From what i understand i have to do some coding with vcds.

If some body know how i can solve this problem.

Thanks

Sebastien

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Best of my knowledge no VW has that. Cetainly not my 2015 Passat.
Having said that that feature is on the AUDI line though.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Toureg, tiguan and the B6 Passat all have electric parking brake. I'm pretty surprised that your 2015 does not. My 2015 Passat rental in the UK had it.
NAR Passats use a mechanical parking brake and are region specific chassis (NMS). ROW Passat is on MQB I believe and all of the MQB cars I have seen so far have EPB (electric parking brake).

Jason

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm putting a TDI CJAA engine from a 2010 Jetta TDI in my 2010 Tiguan.
All the wiring is done. But now, I try to figure how to make to ABS module working. It's important because the Tiguan have Electro-Mechanical Parking Brake.
From what i understand i have to do some coding with vcds.
If some body know how i can solve this problem.
Thanks
Sebastien
I have had troubles with ABS coding on Tiguan before. I'm interested because I have a 2009 Tiguan and considered doing this. We have not had many(any?) TDI cars with EPB (Electronic Parking Brake) in this country.

Jason

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
NAR Passats use a mechanical parking brake and are region specific chassis (NMS). ROW Passat is on MQB I believe and all of the MQB cars I have seen so far have EPB (electric parking brake).
Jason
With all due respect Jason, the B6 chassis in the US did in fact have an electro-mechanical parking brake as did the entire run of CC and Tiguan.

I dont think the Touareg did though. I could be wrong, but I know not all of them did. Failure of the hydraulic shock on the foot pedal was quite common.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
With all due respect Jason, the B6 chassis in the US did in fact have an electro-mechanical parking brake as did the entire run of CC and Tiguan.
I dont think the Touareg did though. I could be wrong, but I know not all of them did. Failure of the hydraulic shock on the foot pedal was quite common.
I realize the B6 Passat has EPB. However the comment was a reply to
I'm pretty surprised that your 2015 does not. My 2015 Passat rental in the UK had it.
The 7L0 Touareg has mechanical foot parking brake, but the later 7P0 Touaregs have EPB (drum brake inside the rotor hat).

The root of all this is finding a similar chassis that has TDI and EPB to help the OP code his ABS.

Jason

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Unless I am not mistaken, you should not have had to mess with anything in the ABS or BCM. So you should be using the original ABS unit and BCM which would still have the original coding for the EPB.

If all you changed is the engine and transmission (and associated ECM and TCM), then the EPB should still be operational.

Did you change anything besides the engine, transmission, ECM, and TCM

sebz

TDI
2000 jetta
Nop, only change the ECM. But i'm going from 4wd to 2dw.

My only care is to start the car and have no ABS and EPB problem. I see that the wiring of the ABS are completly different (Jetta and tiguan). So i be afraid that VCDS don't let me service my rear brake.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
But you are keeping the Tiguan ABS parts in the Tiguan, Right? You arent swapping in any JSW ABS part right?

If that is correct, since nothing is changing in the Tiguan system, the ABS and EPB will work just fine.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
But he’s not keeping the 4x4 drive system. He’s converting it to 2wd.

So it should be as simple as unchecking 4wd in the ABS, right?

sebz

TDI
2000 jetta
That's what i try to know. I still have the Tiguan and Jetta ECM.

I'm sure that help a lot of people here. This conversion give you a nice SUV with a good MPG.

I'm not at my first conversion, but it's the first time i put a diesel engine in a gaser.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Someone here has already done a CR TDI swap into a North American Tiggy. I'd ask him, as I think he got it all ironed out eventually.

All the B6 Passats (and the CC, which is mechanically the same thing), and the Tiguans got EPB here, as do a bunch of the Audis and some of the newer T'regs.

You may also have to do the CAN Gateway refresh, too.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
Silly question - how hard would it be to track down the CBAB(?) ECM for the Tiguan? Or another CR-TDI ECM from a Tigaun that has 4wd? Then ABS would be happy?

Or another idea - Tiguans come in FWD and AWD in US. Maybe check part numbers and coding to compare?

Jason