VW Door Sills and Spoilers!

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Why not just buy one designed for the us bumper? I'm not willing to build it up especially if I'm paying 110 dollars.

SFHGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jolf GLS TDI - Reflex Silver (purchased 2011) | Previously: 2001 Golf GL TDI - Indigo Blue (sold 2005)
Why not just buy one designed for the us bumper? I'm not willing to build it up especially if I'm paying 110 dollars.
Unfortunately, that's the whole point. RGM only makes one for the MK4, and its the euro version. You have several options, trim off the lip so that it conforms better to the bumper curve, build it up so that it sits off the bumper a bit, try to heat mold it, try to force it in place, etc.

I'm still not sure what to do with mine . . .

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf TDI, '10 TDI Cup Jetta
Yes, that's Gorilla tape. Essentially black duct tape, but much stickier and much more resistant to water. Regular duct tape can get slimy and peel off when wet.

I don't know if it's the best material to use, but it was easily available and easy to work with.

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
I think it's called supply and demand. There are also a lot of fixed manufacturing costs for a low volume product that have to be included in the price. Why don't you go make your own and sell it for less? Let us know how you do.

Keep in mind that if you're not willing to pay the price for it (and in the case of your Golf, not willing to modify it) buying it is optional!

I, personally, think that it's an excellent product and is worth the price.

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Gotcha. My golf I have to update my sig is modded with a new custom smic and Malone stage 1 tune and has 270k. Car runs great! I did the pancake pipe mod and upper intercooler piping mod to.

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Ill be buying one but need to wait for my tax return in another 6 weeks. Will they be in stock? Do you need to order them up front? Thanks

gerwazy

Vendor
TDI
Passat B5.5
Ill be buying one but need to wait for my tax return in another 6 weeks. Will they be in stock? Do you need to order them up front? Thanks
No I don't keep the Golf IV ones in stock but I can order them for sure and there is usually a 4-5 week lead time.

fruitcakesa

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 jetta 5 spd wagon
OK since the new rules took effect all my threads merged and messed everything up I will be staring a new thread to make it easier to navigate... I hope...
Here is the current list of things available:

OEM Audi S3 shifters modified to work on all MKIV cars (direct fit) both 5 and speed available with a choice of either perforated or solid black leather boots with either red, black or grey stitching: $125 delivered within USA:

4 pcs Audi S3 6 speed perforated leather boot and knob with red, grey or black stitching - $125 shipped within US and Canada

4 pcs Audi S3 5 speed perforated leather boot and knob with red, grey or black stitching - $125 shipped within US and Canada

3 pcs Audi S3 5 speed perforated leather knob with red, grey or black solid leather boot- $125 shipped within US and Canada

3 pcs Audi S3 6 speed perforated leather knob with red, grey or black solid leather boot- $125 shipped within US and Canada

No tracking available for Canada unless you pay extra $12 for registered mail!!!

The sills are stainless steel brushed with the laser engraved logo that won't rub or come off... The choices of engravement that i have used before:
JETTA, JETTA TDI, BORA, BORA TDI, GOLF, GOLF TDI, PASSAT, PASSAT TDI
I can get them with just name or with one two or three lines on the sides.
I can get the sills for the following cars:
MKIII Jetta TDI
MKIV Jetta TDI
MKIV Golf TDI
Passat B4 TDI
Passat B5.5 TDI
Passat B7
MKV Jetta TDI
Beetle TDI
MKVI Jetta
MKVI Golf

The price is $78 shipped within continental US, $88 for MKVI sills, Canada would be $12 extra.
Corrado font for the older Passats and Mark III TDIs.

I have access to many different VW spoilers. I am just wondering if there would be any interest here?
They are high quality fiberglass spoilers made in Europe with great fit and finish:
I can get them for :
Passat B4, sedan and wagon
Passat B5.5 sedan and wagon
Golf IV- 3 different styles
Jetta IV wagon
Audi A4 Avant B5, B6.

Also available sideskirts for B4, B5.5 Passat, Golf IV and Jetta IV.

I decided to carry those rear bumper protectors in addition to the door sill protectors I am selling.
Here I have a few models available:

VW Passat B5.5 Wagon and Sedan
VW Sportwagen MKV and MKVI
VW Golf MK6

They are $110 delivered within US.

Pics will be up when they unlock my old threads and I can copy and paste them in here...
Sorry for the mess while I am organizing this stuff...
Thanks all,
Jack
How much are the Mk4 wagon spoilers and how do they attach?

gerwazy

Vendor
TDI
Passat B5.5
How much are the Mk4 wagon spoilers and how do they attach?
The MKIV Jetta wagon spoilers are $140 delivered and the best way to mount them is polyurethane windshield glue from your local automotive store. You can also drill your hatch and use screws to mount it.
Thanks.

NHgranite

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat CKRA
I ordered a S3 leather boot and knob from Gerwazy.

Great product, fits well and is a nice compliment to the interior.

TdiNC

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf 4 door TDI 5-speed
How much for a Golf MK4 spoiler (closest looking one to a R32) and a bumper protector for MK4?

gerwazy

Vendor
TDI
Passat B5.5
How much for a Golf MK4 spoiler (closest looking one to a R32) and a bumper protector for MK4?
$140 for the R32 replica delivered, as for the bumper protector if you are OK with them not fitting 100% I can get it in for you for an extra $100.
Thanks.

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
Finally got around to installing the bumper protector (the one with the Gorilla tape). Perfect fit, and you can't even tell I had to modify it.

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
Cool, I'd like to see some sills in person if I can, pics look good, but in person is always best :)