HPFP and buyback issue

deadcar

TDI
'10 JSW
So the HPFP took a nosedive just last week. Car is undriveable (well, possibly veeerrryy slowly and with multiple restarts). Are they going to take it as-is? How strict is this "must drive under its own power" clause? Thoughts? Suggestions?

deadcar

TDI
'10 JSW
thanks. dug around but hadn't seen that thread. Ugh. This is the second one for this car too.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
How strict is this "must drive under its own power" clause?
Nobody really knows, since nobody's had a buyback appointment scheduled yet. I'm wondering myself, since one of my cars is wrecked with a coolant leak. It starts, runs, and drives OK, but obviously can't go too far. I think I'll be OK, but won't know for sure until I get there.
Thoughts? Suggestions?
A couple of possibilities:

1. If the dealer checks it out and says the fuel is bad, you can try to have the fuel station pay for the repair.

2. Find an independent mechanic to do as low-budget a repair as possible--swap in a used HPFP, clean injectors if necessary, and not much more. Make sure it runs, then park it until buyback day.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
From watching the secret Audi dealer training video, I think it has to drive well enough to be moved to a special storage area on the dealers lot, and to be driven again to be moved onto a transporter to be taken away.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
From watching the secret Audi dealer training video, I think it has to drive well enough to be moved to a special storage area on the dealers lot, and to be driven again to be moved onto a transporter to be taken away.
Well, I might agree with #1, but I watched that video, an anyone who gets as far as they tell them to park it, maybe the "special storage area," then goes and submits their documentation and collects their check. What happens after that, transporter or whatever, is going to be on VW, not the former owner.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
The main advantage is all new emissions gear and warranty coverage. Don't they also pay the remainder of the compensation money after the hardware fix?