Adblue feed line crystallized, frequent regen

Lootbooper

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
Anyone else having repeat issues with the adblue injector feed line ? I had it replaced a month ago under warranty. It's already all balled up at the injector. Also had it replaced early summer. It all looked new when I got the car last September.
There are no lights on, currently. In summer it said service adblue but now it just seems to chow fuel and lack top end. Over 3500rpm just feels like it could explode lol.
It tries to regen about every other day. I'm frustrated that this is causing the DPF to not get properly cleaned. I want this engine to last and I'm about to void my warranty and delete all this garbage.

Last edited:

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
Delete all of that garbage , that alone is worth not having to keep bringing a car back to the dealership for bs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Lootbooper

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
I'm at 56k miles, bought at 19k last September. Definitely get my use out of it. I just want it to last. I'm in WIand idk how the emissions process is on diesels, as this is my first. I still dont understand the length of my warranty, I've heard 160k, I've heard 70. I got it CPO and bought a 2nd tier additional warranty they said covers anything non wear and tear. Dealer is like talking to a monkey, is there a delete kit that I can swap back if I need to take it in? I dont mind lights on the dash if it doesnt necessarily need a tune.

Sorry for all the questions. I'll be taking it in and will let you know what they do next. Probably replace the line again.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
All you have to do is find the court ordered documents and they spell out exactly what your warranty is. There is from the original sales date as well as post fix date whichever is longer. VW has also put out a pamphlet which has been posted here many times. It can also be found with a search. If you got it CPO it should have come with the sales materials you received when you bought the car. More than likely covered by warranty and should cost you nothing but time to take it in.

Lootbooper

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
So figured I'd follow up here.

Note there are no service indicators on the dash, but it used a whole tank of def in 5k miles! And tons of crystallized gunk.

Brought the car in again to Hall VW Brookfield WI, they provided me a 2017 beetle turbo haha not a bad ride!
Called me the next day and said they replaced the def feed line, and couldn't get the system to build pressure. Next day, said they replaced the adblu pump per VW recommendation. Now had lights on for service adblu system.
Next day they said they replaced the injector and reprogrammed the system, and now we're able to force a Regen. And no light on.
They said my battery failed load test and had to put a new one in to complete it. Wanted to charge me 160. I said put my old battery back in it was fine, you tested a drained battery from having the key on all damn week and not letting it charge as you would driving it. They got all bent up about having to swap it back. It's a pain yes with that intake elbow by the hold down.

Anyways i got charged nothing, my car is working great again and mpg back up to mid 50s like it was. First few regens stannnkkk! Slowly getting power back now that the dpf is cleaning out. I feel it got partially plugged beyond what the system can clear out, it doesn't roast tires in 2nd anymore lol. I think per warranty they replace it after 70k anyways.

All good for now!