losing my hair

declanrbt

TDI
golf mk4s
RIGHT guys and girls
had a sdi golf mk4 dropped a 1.9gttdi lump in complete with with clocks ecu and key barrel come to start the car car ran cut out does this every time now
no codes stored in any system states on the dash immobiliser active ? :confused::confused::confused: any one come across this ?
109 relay swapped for the sake of it
loads of pressure to fuel rails
losing my head and it seems so simple fault just cant pin point it ? any help or advise is much appreciated :mad::mad::(

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Do you mean that the key symbol with the car is blinking? If so, the immobilizer is killing the engine about 2 seconds after it starts. You'll have to either rectify it with programming, or get the immobilizer deleted via programming.

Cheers,

PH

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
You need the original key, the CCM (computer control module) is locking you out. The other thing that may be at play is the dash cluster.
If you have the barrel and key from the donor TDI, swap the dash cluster as well. There's an RFID chip in the cluster and the fob that talks to the CCM.

Otherwise you'll need to have the immobiliser deleted from the CCM.
You'll need a good tuner, and may still get the immo light flashing, but the car will run.

declanrbt

TDI
golf mk4s
You need the original key, the CCM (computer control module) is locking you out. The other thing that may be at play is the dash cluster.
If you have the barrel and key from the donor TDI, swap the dash cluster as well. There's an RFID chip in the cluster and the fob that talks to the CCM.

Otherwise you'll need to have the immobiliser deleted from the CCM.
You'll need a good tuner, and may still get the immo light flashing, but the car will run.
theecu cluster and key barrel with reader was swapped from the donor car do you reckon the coding has been lost ?#]

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
theecu cluster and key barrel with reader was swapped from the donor car do you reckon the coding has been lost ?#]

You need to refine your references. I'm talking about the dash cluster with
the speedo, gauges, etc. The RFID chip in that unit talks to the chip in the
key fob. Once those 2 chips "see" each other, the CCM, the actual computer that runs the car,
which is behind the firewall accessible from the engine bay, allows the car to run. This all means you can't "hotwire" the car.

The barrel you refer to is cut for the physical profile of the key, no electric communications at all. It is handy to swap since now you can
use the original key.

An ECU is any electric control unit. Please be more specific, precision matters!

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
"clocks were swapped in his first post. English vs. American terminology"

I get that he's talking about gauges, but did he swap the circuit board as well? Because that's where the RFID lives. Did he swap the entire ECU?
The entire cluster?

The CCM is also an ECU, but the references require precise usage.

On an international forum there is a need for universal and specific
terminology. Speedometer and tachometer would have been unequivocal.

I'm well aware of differences in languages, in Cockney rhyming slang,
I'm a Seppo, (septic tank yank).

20yrs downunder mate, and more than a few years in the UK, and Canada. Slang is commonly used to disguise meaning and confuse those who don't speak a local lingua franca. You gotta' be "in" to understand it.

The complexity of German engineering and the need for precision to
have it work properly requires exact references.

declanrbt

TDI
golf mk4s
so guys thanks for the input
i got it going last night it was as simple as turn on the ignition and leave for half an hour and whoo she started 1st time every time now :)
brakes to bleed and few boost pipes and should be ready for the road :)

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
@Rrusse11 - BTW, CCM is common short hand for Comfort Convinence Module.

ECM - can be Electronic control module, but called Engine control module BY VW, where as ECU is used as generic electronic control unit. Makes more sense when you have TCM, BCM, and ACM (airbag control module) in a car. Though I use SRS for that last one.

OP is working on MkIVs so sometimes they just need a key on and wait after having everything unplugged. Or worse not powered up together, such as turn the key on to move the car before the ECM and engine was all plugged up.

@declanrbt - That sounds like a fun car!

Jason

declanrbt

TDI
golf mk4s
ECM - can be Electronic control module, but called Engine control module BY VW, where as ECU is used as generic electronic control unit. Makes more sense when you have TCM, BCM, and ACM (airbag control module) in a car. Though I use SRS for that last one.
OP is working on MkIVs so sometimes they just need a key on and wait after having everything unplugged. Or worse not powered up together, such as turn the key on to move the car before the ECM and engine was all plugged up.
Jason
its something different mate being a mobile mechanic and having a dog and a son who rides mini quads a gttdi was never a option ii needed the estate so i decided against every one telling me it wont work and its a waste of time
i did it any way....now it mapped and a proper exhaust on it i love watching the faces of 'fast' cars when i pass them :) :D:D:D:eek::eek::):)
something i would do again no questions!!!
and its somthing no 1 has seemed do of done yet:confused::confused:

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI

Jason

My bad, acronyms get tossed around here and I've yet to crack all the codes. Usage also varies depending on location it seems.