Anyone Running Neuspeed Intake Or Kerma?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
For only $300 ea. , I'd run them both. Dual intake. :D Seriously though, those are a complete waste of money unless you're adapting some large gtb turbo or similar.

abishoff

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Other than sound and looks. That’s all your gonna get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JesseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Premium package
Your stock intake can flow more air than you have the capability to match with fuel with stock injectors/pump ect. You will need to do some major power upgrades before the intake even starts to become a restriction. They are only good for noise and if that's what you are after then cool beans. If you are looking for more performance then $300 can be spent on a TDI in far better ways to gain power (nozzles, injectors, most of a tune, ect.)

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
With that engine's dual EGR system, much of the air going into the engine isn't even going through the air filter... which is why they changed the PM interval on the filter element from 40k miles to 60k miles.

It is a waste of money, voids the emissions warranty (if that is a concern to you). If you want to go faster, that is not where to start.

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
Thanks guys... Mainly looking to clean up the bay some and a little sound would be nice.

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
I'm going to order the Kerma intake and also the Turbo inlet hose. They show the black inlet hose are out of stock. I emailed them a few days ago asking when they will get some back in stock. I haven't heard back from them yet.

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
Still haven't heard back from Kerma but I see all colors are out of stock now. I guess its a popular upgrade.

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
Maybe that's a blessing in disguise.

I mean, it's your money/car, but the body of evidence is overwhelming that this is simply a show mod, not a go mod.

First thing I'd do in your shoes is a tune. Any amount of perceived improvement in throttle response is going to be dwarfed by actual gain from a tune. Not to mention improvement in fuel mileage. Which puts money back in your pocket.

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
Maybe that's a blessing in disguise.

I mean, it's your money/car, but the body of evidence is overwhelming that this is simply a show mod, not a go mod.

First thing I'd do in your shoes is a tune. Any amount of perceived improvement in throttle response is going to be dwarfed by actual gain from a tune. Not to mention improvement in fuel mileage. Which puts money back in your pocket.
Can't do a tune because I just bought the car and its also certified. I don't want to get the warranty voided just in case something goes wrong.

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
But you figure the flashy new intake isn't gonna give anything away?

Seriously, save your money if you're concerned about maintaining that certified warranty.
No it won't I'll remove it if and when I need to take it in :rolleyes:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
No it won't I'll remove it if and when I need to take it in :rolleyes:
Heh, that is what this one guy thought except it broke down on the road, got towed in, and the turbocharger failure was DEEEE-NIED. But at least I got a turbo job out of the deal. And I told him there would be no warranty on that either unless I put the OEM intake system back on. :D

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
Heh, that is what this one guy thought except it broke down on the road, got towed in, and the turbocharger failure was DEEEE-NIED. But at least I got a turbo job out of the deal. And I told him there would be no warranty on that either unless I put the OEM intake system back on. :D
That was nice of you :D

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
OP is serious about parting with his $300 on a mod that serves no real benefit.

There are many other things you could spend that money on, from preventive maintenance to just plain ole fuel for nearly 12k miles! That's a year's worth of driving to some.

Oh well, live and learn as they say...

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
With that engine's dual EGR system, much of the air going into the engine isn't even going through the air filter... which is why they changed the PM interval on the filter element from 40k miles to 60k miles.

Heck even those gassers without EGR, they've extended engine filter to 60K.