all the lines
cluster

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
JASONP said:
Does this include the cluster ?
His list states the cluster is included. Do it! I'm sure you can get a couple bucks for your mint rebuilt trans!

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
Need the price to drop,yeah I know I'm a low baller,but money is REALLY tight right now

Last edited:

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
When the paper weight takes a dump,it won't be worth it to rebuild,that's when I SHALL do the swap wether I need to or not.Till then I'll sufer the Flaming and poor milage,but then again when I do the swap and get good milage,will I ask myself,why didn't I do this sooner ? Probably

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Still looking

Well that didn't go so well,kind a like a bad date,when you get stood up.
Go go to London 130 kms and 1.5 hrs,give the guy a courtesy call 5 mins from his place adn what do you know,says I'd have to wait 45-60 mins cause he was busy doing errands after, giving him a weeks notice of what time I would be there.
If you needed the money and were selling something, wouldn't you be there when you said you would,I would.
Thanks Chris, it was only $12 in fuel and 3 hours of my time, I didn't need your tranny as much as you needed my money.:)

Jonny Zero

Veteran Member
TDI
R.I.P ~ 2001 MK4 GOLF TDI ~ R.I.P
Wow.... To think I was going to buy some parts from this guy this weekend. I'd hate to drive way out there for nothing. Thanks for the heads up JASON. Word of mouth sure does fly.

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yeah and he was given a bump for a good guy,you decide,I have.
Not afraid to let otherr members know,thats why we are here !;)

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Well, it does suck when stuff like that happens. It can be annoying, but was it really that bad that you couldn't wait for a bit? I don't know the circumstances, so I am just playing devils advocate here, but maybe he had every intention of being there and got hung up doing his 'errands'?

If I drove that far to pick somthing up, I wouldn't be happy either, but I would suck it up and wait. Maybe even try to negotiate a better price for the inconvenience. But to leave seems foolish? When are you going to get another chance at a deal like this? They don't come along too often. And you were already there.

Anyway, sorry to crap on your bad experience. I am just posting an opinion based on the limited info you provided. But as we all know, there is always more to a story thatn what is posted, so take my comments with a grain of salt. I hope you can work things out.

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Wingnut said:
If I drove that far to pick somthing up, I wouldn't be happy either, but I would suck it up and wait. Maybe even try to negotiate a better price for the inconvenience. But to leave seems foolish? When are you going to get another chance at a deal like this? They don't come along too often. And you were already there.
I agree. Would have given him less.......

chris_frost

TDI
2000 TDI Jetta
Before you start pointing fingers at people, here's some facts about this failed transaction:

On March 15th, Jason contacted me telling he's going to call me before he leaves Guelph on Saturday, a call that I never received, thus wasting my day.

Additionally, on Friday, March 20th, he stated that he would be in London at 11-12ish on Saturday.

On Saturday, March 21st, I received a phone call at 11:33 from Jason. He stated that he was entering the main street in London from the highway. I told him I was going to be there a maximum of 45 minutes which, according to the time frame agreed upon, would give me enough time to be there on time (12ish). I did tell Jason that I had a family issue I need to attend before we met, and that it was the reason that I was going to take the extra time, even though I was still on time.

At 11:43, he sent me a text message saying "Thanks anyway, not waiting around," to which I replied that I would be there in 15 minutes and that, as a compensation, I would drop 50 dollars off the prize, which is a really generous compensation. I'm sure Jason doesn't usually make 50 dollars for 45 minutes of his time.

I have had many successful transactions with individuals on this forum and, while I'm sorry this transaction could not be completed, I don't think I did anything wrong. I was willing to compensate Jason for his time but, apparently, he "doesn't need my tranny as much as I need his money."

chris_frost

TDI
2000 TDI Jetta
Jonny Zero said:
Wow.... To think I was going to buy some parts from this guy this weekend. I'd hate to drive way out there for nothing. Thanks for the heads up JASON. Word of mouth sure does fly.
Dear Johnny,

Since we all want to be on the same page, "word of mouth sure does fly." You have flown your word of mouth constantly for the past two months, emailing me about the parts that you are going to pick up next Saturday, every Saturday.

Next time you call me telling me when you're going to pick up your parts (again), make sure your words don't fly.

Jonny Zero

Veteran Member
TDI
Well, Chris, I don't think our personal discussion is anyone else's business, but some of us do work long hours and don't have all the time in the world to drop what we are doing and drive 2 hours out of the way for miniscule parts. For the record, if you were closer, this transaction would have been done and over with 2 months ago.

With regard to my original post, I think Wingnut has a valid argument and I think I reacted a lil prematurely, so I do apologize, and I certainly understand your frustration, but that doesn't give you the right to air your dirty laundry on our situation.

Last edited:

Jonny Zero

Veteran Member
TDI
Decided to avoid the drive out altogether, so Chris shipped me some parts the morning after receiving full payment... I received them as promised, via Xpresspot, and he was quick to mail them out and provide me with tracking info. The items in question appear to be in brand new condition... I will be installing them on Friday.

He seems to be a straight up, honest seller. A+++