My 2013 Highline TDI Now In Production

KarenJ

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
My sales rep tells me via an email chat that my Highline TDI is "in production".
I read here and there that some production updates happened back in December. Chat suggests padded dash amongst these changes. It's true I winter in Mexico so freeze up of the charge air cooler is not likely while it's parked awaiting my return in the spring however, I am paying attention to the long standing issues with the fuel pump and freeze up because the day might come when escaping to Mexico might not be practical (medical issues for example).
My new TDI is built to Canadian specs so no power seats in the Highline which I had in a previous TDI and never used. There might be other differences which I do not know about.
If you know about the mid-December production changes that will show up in my new car, please tell me. I'm anxious to know.
Thanks!

KarenJ

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
I am surprised.

I would have bet a gallon of #2 that someone out there would know something about the mid-year changes.

If no one knows about possible changes in the Canadian model Jetta TDI, maybe somebody knows about changes to the US model.

Come on friends. Somebody out there knows......

gtab55

TDI
TDI
Yes for mid model year the US version did get a soft-padded dashboard. Also the sales guy told me there are now power seats and lumbar for the mid model year, though I have seen those at Auto Shows before mid model year.

DieselMann99

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI w/ Premium, DSG (Buyback Nov 2018); 2013 Jetta TDI (bought Dec 2018); also, bought a CPO 2017 Passat TSI (Nov 2018)
Dumb question from a Newbie: What does "Highline" mean?

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Confortline, Gun Metal Grey,Tech Package and DSG, Previous was 2012 Platinum Grey Jetta 6MT, 138500km
Are all the newer 2013's going to have that? Or is it an option, along with Premium and Premium + Nav?
The Canadian Trim levels are different from what they are called in the US. We have Trendline, Comortline & Highline. There is also sub options in each package.

DieselMann99

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI w/ Premium, DSG (Buyback Nov 2018); 2013 Jetta TDI (bought Dec 2018); also, bought a CPO 2017 Passat TSI (Nov 2018)
The Canadian Trim levels are different from what they are called in the US. We have Trendline, Comortline & Highline. There is also sub options in each package.
So, does that mean there is no Highline for the U.S. and I should stop thinking about this?

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Confortline, Gun Metal Grey,Tech Package and DSG, Previous was 2012 Platinum Grey Jetta 6MT, 138500km
So, does that mean there is no Highline for the U.S. and I should stop thinking about this?
I'd stopputting to much thought into VW regional marketing. I think the Highline is the same as the us Premium plus Nav.

Nextwhat

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Highline
Highline is the same as Premium in the US. Nav is an option on the Highline for us.
Except the Cdn Highline offers leather, which US Premium doesn't. And for some strange reason no red Jetta is offered in Canada (other than GLI). And am I right that US Jettas aren't available with heated seats?

Ford_6L_E350

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI - sold the 13 TDI
Except the Cdn Highline offers leather, which US Premium doesn't. And for some strange reason no red Jetta is offered in Canada (other than GLI). And am I right that US Jettas aren't available with heated seats?
No. Heated seats are standard on all Jettas except the S and base SE models.

Even here in sunny California I use the heated seats on cool days.

See the VW US Jetta features page:

http://www.vw.com/en/models/jetta/trims-specs.html

Mike