2014 Audi A6 TDI Check Engine Light When Fuel Tank is over half full

enc717

TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI
Hey everyone, I am new to these forums, so this might not be the correct Thread in which to post a CEL question, if not please correct me! But heregoes:

I have a 2014 Audi A6 TDI with ~85000 miles on it. It has already run great, despite the modifications arising from dieselgate.

However, recently, with no warning, I had my CEL come on for the first time. I plugged in a OBD scanner and got the code: P017100 Bank1.

Then, a few hundred miles later, the light turns off. Then, after I fill up w/ diesel, the light comes back on. There are no noticeable symptoms aside from the CEL.

Here's my issue: this is one of those issues where the dealership will start changing numerous pieces with my money until they fix the problem. I would rather not go down such an expensive rabbit trail. I would look for a guru, but, frankly, I am located in Mississippi where the only diesels on the road are trucks and diesel mechanics normally will not fool with a TDI.

I am fairly handy with cars, though I have done only minor work with TDI's in the past.

I have been carefully monitoring when the light comes on and goes off. It appears to turn off just shortly after the fuel tank is less than half full. Then it turns right back on whenever I fill the tank back above that point.

So, I am thinking this one might be some sort of vacuum pressure issue. But, frankly, I am not 100% sure where to start. If someone else has encountered an intermittent CEL that is somehow associated with the fuel tank being above half-full, let me know or let me know if you have any ideas!

jmcrrr

TDI
Jetta 2000 Black
Did you get no response about this? (By the way, I'd like to change my vehicle in my post description to "2014 Audi A6 TDI." Anyone want to clue me in on that? I couldn't figure how to do it.)

Sauaciden

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 8L 1.9TDI
Did you get no response about this? (By the way, I'd like to change my vehicle in my post description to "2014 Audi A6 TDI." Anyone want to clue me in on that? I couldn't figure how to do it.)
Go to your account and click account details