17/22 no boost issue

dieselboy04'

Veteran Member
TDI
05' Jetta TDI GLS 5spd
Well I'm sure it has to do with vaccum but I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. Car has a really low exhaust rumble and seems down on power. Gauge shows no boost. If you turn it off and restart it, boost returns. What's wrong? N75 valve is around a year old.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dieselboy04'

Veteran Member
TDI
05' Jetta TDI GLS 5spd
No CEL. It had done this before but had stopped then just started back yesterday. Funny thing is it happens on every other start up. Basically I start it pull out and hear the low rumble , like the veins are fully open, then the loss of power because of no boost. I then try and get it up to a decent speed and shut it off, pop the clutch and then boost returns. Everything is as it should be until the next start up.

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Tdi asv motor in a mk3 golf, om642 in a wk jeep
sounds like limp mode.. Check your hoses for leaks, and cracks. Do a log with vcds of channel 08 and 11 at once. Also 01, 03 04 can help. Create a excel file of 08 and 11 and Look for requested boost vs actual, good place to determine if your turbo is spiking, or perhaps a boost leak issue.
Most of the time this is a good place to start, you mentioned you replaced the n75 valve any chance the vacuum line is leaking?

dieselboy04'

Veteran Member
TDI
05' Jetta TDI GLS 5spd
I put all new vaccum hoses on at the same time. Replaced them with McMastercar silicon hoses. I did delete a few of the hoses because I deleted the egr anti-shutter and vaccum bulb. Basically I have the vaccum pump to the N75. The check valve and the air box hook up. I did this as per a diagram from this site just to clean up the engine bay because they weren't being used anymore.

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
No CEL. It had done this before but had stopped then just started back yesterday. Funny thing is it happens on every other start up. Basically I start it pull out and hear the low rumble , like the veins are fully open, then the loss of power because of no boost. I then try and get it up to a decent speed and shut it off, pop the clutch and then boost returns. Everything is as it should be until the next start up.
That sounds like an intermittent sensor problem detected by the ECU at key on. This won't always turn the CEL on, but it will set a DTC. You need to read the code and go from there.

Simon

dieselboy04'

Veteran Member
TDI
05' Jetta TDI GLS 5spd
Thanks I'll scan it in just a sec and see what turns up.

dieselboy04'

Veteran Member
TDI
05' Jetta TDI GLS 5spd
No code at start up this time. But it also didn't do what it's been doing either. But you'd think it'd store a code

dieselboy04'

Veteran Member
TDI
05' Jetta TDI GLS 5spd
Checked a few more times when it happened again. Still no codes.