Wipers are twisting loose off of the arm

TurboHokie

TDI
02 Jetta GLS, 14 Sportwagen
We missed our 2011 JSW so much that I just bought a 2014. My only concern with the "new" car is that wipers (first Bosch AeroTwins and now Trico) seem to be twisting loose from under the arm during normal use, as if they are too loose and not fully seated in the wiper arm. Both brands of wipers clicked in to place, and then started coming loose in the span of just a couple days! First, has anyone else encountered this issue (and fixed it)? Second, iss there any ability to swap in an old school J-hook arm (that still work fine our Mk IV TDI!) and retrofit a Mk VI in this manner???

ihatespeed

Veteran Member
TDI
11 tdi wagon 6mt 15 golf 6mt (Wife's) 2000 Ford 350 7.3l 6mt 4x4 (technically a TDI)
Strange, Ive never had any issue with this on my 3 vws maybe someone changed your arms with lousy repops?

TurboHokie

TDI
02 Jetta GLS, 14 Sportwagen
Strange indeed, and I don't know why someone would go to the trouble of doing that. I ended up squeezing them tighter with some pliers, and it seems to be working (for now). I just never expected to have that kind of a problem with something that seems so simple.