Heated seats into a non heated seat car

wfg97079

Veteran Member
TDI
for the first time in 17 years, none
Hi Guys, Im in Amesbury, MA (NH Border)
Anyone local thats done this willing to answer some stupid questions? :)

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
Just did it recently and they work great. I would be more than happy to share my mistakes, er, experience.

lekolite

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL
Can you post your experiences? I'm looking to do the same thing as soon as I find some seats.

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
Suggestion from the peanut gallery: Yes, you can spend an arm and a leg and buy an aftermarket kit. Instead of doing that, you should buy a set of used seat covers. Yes used seat covers. The heating element is part of the seat cover (both upper and lower). If you already have cloth seats, buy another set of cloth seats (they are a dime a dozen). Strip your seat covers and replace with the heated seat covers. Stripping the seat takes about 45 minutes each and does not require messing with the side seat airbag. Buy the dash switch from vortex and some wiring you have heated seats. I changed my interior from velour to leather this way and sold the seat covers.

wfg97079

Veteran Member
TDI
for the first time in 17 years, none
Just to be clear

I have oem heated seats Im looking to wire up to a car that didnt come with heated seats from the factory

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Well come and see the HO5G and look at mine. The harness is 90.00 or so you will need the switches. I am only 15 miles or so form you.