Second DSG service

wilder11354

TDI
2014 SE passat 6dsg
Ok 83K on car, took to friends shop, VW did last DSG service. Intake removed, battery and tray, Yep filter is where it's said to be. Removed it, left out until refill completed. Used Petoin FFL-2 fluid. Could only put 4 liters in bottom feed with hose that fit thru stand off pipe. It showed (dripping)full by overflow. So put 14MM drain plug back in. Started car, cycled thru gears, rechecked drain plug removal, no dripping, so put in anther 3/4 liter. Rand again, cycled gears. Second time it was dripping heavy, not a solid stream but heavy dripping. Temp of trans..120*f so figured, filled casing/filter full, air purged from valves called it good! While there did engine oil change, Liqui-Moly toptech 4300 Syn 5/30, oil new filter. I will be getting adapter fill plug for next time. also did front sway bar links, been rattling for a while.

Put in 5> 5.5 liters trans fluid. Called it good! Fluid that came out was clean, filter also was clean. 40K services really critical? Input welcome.

wilder11354

TDI
2014 SE passat 6dsg
Don't really care what other owners now think 83K miles, one set of font brake pads(rotors don't pulsate), no cooling issues, or heat, tires, Continentals work fine. good for another year and a half +. Suck it up buy back Sellers!

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Don't really care what other owners now think 83K miles, one set of font brake pads(rotors don't pulsate), no cooling issues, or heat, tires, Continentals work fine. good for another year and a half +. Suck it up buy back Sellers!
????? Why are you posting?????:eek:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
other than buying the extra tool, you could always over fill from the filter housing, then drain excess from the stand pipe.

Both methods from the top and from the bottom overfill so just as long as you don't put 6-7L through the top and then drain excess and you'll be fine.

wilder11354

TDI
2014 SE passat 6dsg
about 5 liters put in. started shifted ran thru gears fill filter housing no drips, pushed another 3/4 liter, ran again...it was dripping not a stream. but dripping heavy called it good!.

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
Because i like tick little down't own anymore gay guys off!
Whatever that means. You should google "TIA".

When you change your DSG fluid, the procedure calls for bringing the gearbox to a certain temperature (observable with VCDS), then removing the drain-plug to allow the excess (expanded) fluid to drain from the top of the snorkel. I don't recall seeing you mention that as part of your process, so consider it.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Last edited:

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
just a month, your pretty nice! Anyway, its almost always 4.5L and not 5L on every dsg iv done. plus, its a million times easier than a toyota hybrid brake job

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
For what it is worth, and I don't know why I haven't seen it with the DSG, the next time I go to do mine (a few years away) I plan on using a sprayer to pressurize the DSG fluid to go for a bottom fill. I've watched a few videos on doing maintenance on Toyota autos and saw some people doing it that way. I was investigating changing the fluid in the Touareg when I came upon those videos.

KJNDIVER

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
For what it is worth, and I don't know why I haven't seen it with the DSG, the next time I go to do mine (a few years away) I plan on using a sprayer to pressurize the DSG fluid to go for a bottom fill. I've watched a few videos on doing maintenance on Toyota autos and saw some people doing it that way. I was investigating changing the fluid in the Touareg when I came upon those videos.

I did a service on my 05 passat trans before this one, and i used the method you describe. I got a pump up spray bottle from hardware store, cheap one. PUt about 2.5 quarts in the bottle at a time, pumped up, then the pressure forced the oil up and out into the trans. Took a few minutes given the visocity of the fluid, but worked like a charm. Need mention that i had removed the spray wand and replaced with tubing that had a bend to enter the drain/fill port.