Audi/VW summertime window mod

Colby_keating

TDI
2012 Jetta
Hey everyone, so there’s this oem mod that is in the computer already that allows one to put down the windows by double tapping your remote. It’s only oem in Europe and has to be activated through a computer module system called VCDS. Is this something that I could easily do? Is there a guy I can slip a $20 too and he could help me out? It’s a super small mod that I feel ads a lot of convenience. Very new to modding cars. Please be kind.

Thanks,
Colby Keating

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
It is easy to do. You just have to find someone near you with VCDS (or a similar tool). There are VCDS owner locator links in several places or you could post in your local sub-forum asking for nearby VCDS owners. You probably don't want to drive to Las Vegas, so I could do it for you.;)

Have Fun!

Don

CDubber

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta SportWagen TDI
You can easily do this (and a lot of other cool tweaks) with the Carista app and a $20 OBD WiFi or Bluetooth scanner (I use one from Veepeak I bought on Amazon).

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Hey everyone, so there’s this oem mod that is in the computer already that allows one to put down the windows by double tapping your remote. It’s only oem in Europe and has to be activated through a computer module system called VCDS. Is this something that I could easily do? Is there a guy I can slip a $20 too and he could help me out? It’s a super small mod that I feel ads a lot of convenience. Very new to modding cars. Please be kind.
Thanks,
Colby Keating
If you want to drop by my place, I'd do it for free as well.
Of course, I'm located on the exact opposite end of the continent, but hey - it's a nice summer drive! :D

Seriously, though - I'm sure you'll be able to find another TDI owner near you willing to help you in exchange for, at most, a refreshing, icy-cold beverage.