FS: 2002 New Bug broken Timing Belt

Bug46

TDI
VW 2002
No longer available for sale. Hoping to fix it with help from forum member!

:( Newbie here but I thought someone on this forum might be interested.

Bought this car about one year ago for $3000. Have put on many miles and learned alot about diesel engines in the freezing weather. Love this car but now it's toast. Silver, about 230K miles, 5 spd standard (should have changed the TB but I plead ignorance). Not easy to find a mechanic to work with diesels. Having the car towed home tomorrow for pictures if anyone is interested.

If anyone IS interested:
body is good although some rust spots on the front hood
white leather seats (from another VW), ripped seam on drivers seat
passenger side door doesn't lock remotely
pretty new tires and set of studded snows
automatic sun/moon roof works fine
shifting was fine
radio is good
AC is cold

I realize this is my first and probably only post, however I am hoping a TDI lover would be interested in the parts.

Asking $800 or suggestions. Thanks for reading. :(:(:(

Last edited:

Bug46

TDI
VW 2002
Sorry! You're right, I haven't checked back. I am in Concord, NH. Not having an easy time handling the forum process.

I will be more diligent about cking the site:eek:

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
We're going to pull the head and see if we can resurrect this car. It is too nice to part out or otherwise scrap it, and the owner likes it a lot. She had it towed to a place that estimated $6000 for a used engine swap with no warranty. Yikes! They said the timing belt was broken evidenced by some belt debris, but the belt is still intact. Or rather, it is still in a loop and in place, so maybe the damage is minimal and we'll be just fine. No real way to tell however, without pulling the head. So...

I'm pulling the head tomorrow, so we'll see if some photos are in order. If so, a new thread will be started regarding the repairs.

Wish us luck!

Cheers,

PH