www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old April 8th, 2001, 08:39   #1
tongsli
Veteran Member

Default My Dyno results

I went to EIP tuning in Westminster, MD to get my TDI dynoed. This is the first TDI that they've ever tried to measure. They informed me that they could not get a reading from the tackometer to measure RPM and calculate toruqe. First, I thought I wasted my money and they didn't know what they were doing. I got my print-out paid my money and went home.

Not being satisfied, I did some research here and read all of the threads dealing dyamometers. I should have done this FIRST. Oh well. Now, heaving read all of them, I think I now understand the basic issues that all of you have been dealing with since 1999.

Anyway, here are the results. BTW, I can't get my scanner connected because of my upgrade to windows 98, but will try to get it scanned at work.

Hp is 108.9 at the wheels. So, using 15% I guess that means 125.2Hp at the engine? Like Skypup has pointed out about the max boost, they informed me that the strongest "pull" is in 3rd gear, which makes sense.

Overall, regardless of the numbers, I am very happy with the Upsolute chip and Pipercross cone fileter. I agree that the numbers don't explain how the car drives and performs. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ April 08, 2001: Message edited by: tongsli ]
tongsli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2001, 15:55   #2
Keith
Veteran Member

Default Re: My Dyno results

Be careful with EIP Tuning. Let me repeat, be careful of EIP Tuning.

I paid them $2000 to replace a diesel engine in a Quantum. After 2 months of waiting, nothing was done to the car. Then when they saw me try to take away the car, they removed the engine and then resumed doing nothing for another month.

The lesson: Don't pay a shop a dime until the car is done.

Keith.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2001, 19:58   #3
TDi RAY
Veteran Member

if you use the formula HP X 5252 RPM = Torque. you have to figure out at what speeds you are at and the corrorsponding rpm to figure it though. The guy who dyno'ed me did all of this with me. You can also talk to Gary he can do it all quickly on excel.
TDi RAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2001, 20:00   #4
tongsli
Veteran Member

Thanks Mickey & TDiRay!!

I appreciate the info [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks Keith. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

This was my first time there and although they do seem to have many products available, I have my own mechanic that I trust. He doesn't specialize in VW's but I know he won't rip me off. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ April 08, 2001: Message edited by: tongsli ]
tongsli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2001, 00:19   #5
mickey

You should easily be above 200 lb-ft of torque with that power output.

-mickey