NEW official RC signup thread.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Other one got too long. Sat and Sun are avaialable. Most will happen Sat.
Cali guys, there is a possible SoCal trip in the future, so chill.

Here is what I have so far, chime in if I forget:

1. Phil (x2)
2. Parkers (x2)
3. Spudnik
4. Kabin?
5. Mike M?
6. My neighbors (x2)

Really, it is a long drive for you Az guys- I don't think I would do it if it were me. There will be SoCal sometime in the future.

aw

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver Golf GLS
I'm still in. I've gotta come from CO, so will need some engine cool down time before my appt.

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
I am out. That is my son's birthday.

Mike_M

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2002 Jetta GLS
I'm gonna have to pass this time. It is a long drive, and SoCal will be closer. I might have been able to do it with more notice.

When is SoCal likely to be (just in general)?

Mike

KERMA

TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Prob. spring at the earliest. Snowmobiles, you know.

Sleet

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta, 98, black
Hey...

I got my job so I'm in
!!!!!

I'd prefer a time on saturday. I'm thinking pp520s and RC 2 (or 3). I'm not sure what my choices are for my A3. Do I need to decide in advance? or can Jeff and I make the decision the morning of?

Also since it's the A3 will I be able to keep the stock chips and just get new ones? Any idea what prices going to run? Maybe this should be in a pm but with how busy I hear Jeff is I doubt I'll be able to get a hold of him.

Would he be able to pull my SKC while he's at it?

-Sleet

aw

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver Golf GLS
Is it time for some hard info yet? Where exactly are we meeting? Is there a recommended hotel nearby? Do we have a schedule? I've got at least a 6hr drive from Northern CO to SLC so I'm guessing driving out Sat and getting an early timeslot Sunday would be optimal for doing the injectors on a cold engine.

KERMA

TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Exact meeting place is a surprise- fallback is my place, but there may be something special in store.

I may not have any PP520. First time in over a year manufacturer is backordered.

milehighassassin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Golf TDi PD, Reflex Silver
Is it time for some hard info yet? Where exactly are we meeting? Is there a recommended hotel nearby? Do we have a schedule? I've got at least a 6hr drive from Northern CO to SLC so I'm guessing driving out Sat and getting an early timeslot Sunday would be optimal for doing the injectors on a cold engine.
You know that going through Laramie is a lot faster than Cheyenne right?

aw

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver Golf GLS
You know that going through Laramie is a lot faster than Cheyenne right?
Thanks for the tip. Google maps thinks it's faster too, but still shows it as 452 miles from Fort Collins to SLC.

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I'll call you tonight after I get a schedule for this weekend from the boss!

Spudnik

TDI
'15 Passat SEL, '13 Passat SEL
Getting down to the wire. Might be time for specific times and place!

Eagerly awaiting...

KERMA

TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
It will be at my place in Tooele. Address is the same as the customer service info on kermatdi.com. You can always call me at 435-830-5970 also.

I'm thinking 10:00 on Sat is a decent time. We can grill burgers and watch Powerblock and the RallyVW Pike's Peak video. If Spudnik or someone else wants to show up earlier, just let me know. We will go till whenever. First come first served, except Spudnik and Matt Parker who need to get in the morning. Sun is open also for appointments.

So far:
1. Spudnik
2. Matt Parker
3. Mike Parker
4. Phil Krebs (x2)
5. AW (hardcore! driving from CO)
6. Sleet
7. Kabin (another diehard!)
8. i know i'm forgetting someone

looks like enough to keep him busy all day.

Weather is supposed to be nice.

Kabin

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta '04 PD TDI/Tip
Hey, how do us diehard/out of towners get bumped from 2nd in line to last?
But seriously, I talked to Jeff and it sounds like theres no advantage for me to get an in person tune so I'm doing the ECU overnight/mail.

You guys have fun!

Spudnik

TDI
Thanks Kerma. 10am is great. I'll try to be early to get some cool-down time.

KERMA

TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Well, looks like I'll be replacing my water pump. Went out this evening, too late to get the parts.
If it would have happened an hour earlier, I could have had the stuff tomorrow.

hgeittmann

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon
I wish I could make it, but I just couldn't get my stuff together in time. 2 weeks from now I'll have my vnt17 running though (at least that's the plan). Have fun. Take some pictures or something.

KERMA

TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Nice little GTG. Jeff enhanced about 10 cars all told. It was great to see everyone again.

AW gets the long distance award for driving from Ft. Collins, Colorado, 7 hrs each way! Dude left with a nice big smile on his face.

Jeff and I are gonna tear into my water pump tomorrow.

aw

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver Golf GLS
AW gets the long distance award for driving from Ft. Collins, Colorado, 7 hrs each way! Dude left with a nice big smile on his face.
Wow, the change is amazing, it just pulls like mad now. I only made it ~2 hrs of the way back, but that's 2 less for tomorrow. Thanks Charlie! Thanks Jeff!

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I've got the permagrin going still.
Just driving to the grocery store is fun! It mad a huge difference. Now I've got to put in some larger nozzles and a clutch!!! Then I will be able to have more fun!!! I wish I could have stayed longer to get to know more of you but I had to go.

Charlie,
Thanks for hosting it. Kevin is already talking about putting in larger nozzles when Mike puts his in. I also forgot to get an air and oil filter from you. I'll have to get them when Mike puts his nozzles in.
Later!

Spudnik

TDI
Whoa! And I mean Whoa!
If you punch that gas (diesel), you better have your saddle cinched up. I've got a whole new meaning for "Giddyup"! Almost ran myself off the road...

Thanks Charlie! Thanks Jeff! And thanks for great products!

mt_tdi

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon TDI, Reflex Silver/Grey int., GLS, Leather, ESP
Thanks go to Kerma and Jeff for putting this together. It was really covenient for me and I am very, very happy with my RC2 Euro chip...nice improvement. Pulling up Parley's Canyon now is sweet! I have one problem though....I keep wanting to shift into 6th gear...

It was nice getting to know you all and put faces to names found here in the forum, and to actually see the varmit killing Jetta in person...hehe.

Now I just need to decide Sprint 520's ot the PP520's or .....I never should have started mod'ing this thing....where will it end? I am glad I did the suspension first though....it comes in handy for the speed that Jeff unleashed from my sleepy little Golf.

Next GTG I have a list of things to go with the FUTURE new nozzles. (suddenly I am in love with my car.) Anyone in for a little fix-the-nagging-problems day? Like installing skid plates, fixing gloveboxes, clapped up door locks, seat belts, new intakes, etc?

Spudnik

TDI
Just bought a Panzer plate yesterday...on its way. I think my old fur and plastic will head to the trash bin. Got new side skirts and one of those top-side oil changer-suckers. All told spent $900 this weekend morphing into a soot rocket with a new underbelly. ...Now I need to fix my stupid blinking glow plug light. Forgot to check the error code with VAG-Com while I was hooked up.