v12 (8534) doesn't tell you it has completed?

JohnTso

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Desert Jetta & 2015 Passat SEL
It's pretty goofy to not inform you the map update is complete.

FWIW - make sure you keep a 10A battery charger connected to you car whenever you have ignition on! A 1 - 2 Amp trickle charge doesn't cut it with these power hungry beasts. Ask me how I know and I did have the parking brake set to turn off parking lights.

Last edited:

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
You can install it while driving. It’ll start up where it left off if you shut the car off and back on. It’ll keep going after the car is off for about 15 minutes.

JohnTso

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Desert Jetta & 2015 Passat SEL
You can install it while driving. It’ll start up where it left off if you shut the car off and back on. It’ll keep going after the car is off for about 15 minutes.

Yeah I read that. DVD came Saturday and I was doing yard work all day so I went the route of doing it while parked. After replying to the initial prompt and confirming I wanted the updated installed, I went about my yard work.

Every time I checked on it it was whirring away, but no status updates or confirmation of the update being complete. I even ejected it a couple of times and it would just suck it right back in.

After nearly flatting my battery I ejected the update DVD and did a system version check. I showed 5384, so I called it a day.

FYI - low voltage will play games with all the sensors and their condition. You will need to drive the car to get them to clear. TPMS will require a reset.