Post your 'Dynolicious' or 'Bosch Light Em Up Dyno' Results Here !!!!

Bud44

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta TDI
Post your 'Dynolicious', 'Bosch Light Em Up Dyno' Results Here !!!!

Post your Dyno results here.

Apps for iPhone

Dynolicious

(Paid App) $12.99 - Quarter mile, horsepower, 0-60 time, etc.

Bosch Light 'Em Up Dyno
(Paid App) $4.99 - Quarter mile, horsepower, 0-60 time
(Free Version) Only measures 0-60 time

Last edited:

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
I want to see the OP's dyno results first! :D

Seriously though, for Android users there is an app called "Dynomaster" that is pretty useful.

Also, VCDS can be used to log data from which you can find 0-60, torque, etc.

chapelhill

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Ibiza pd13- 2260vk Turbo etc.., Merc E280cdi
I want to see the OP's dyno results first! :D

Seriously though, for Android users there is an app called "Dynomaster" that is pretty useful.

Also, VCDS can be used to log data from which you can find 0-60, torque, etc.
I have not see the Dynomaster one for Android, but I have the one called Torque app for Android which I highly recommend, but limited sensor access on VW/Audi as it only uses OBDII protocol. It maybe my cheap ELM clone wireless adaptor.

Bud44

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta TDI
I just tested my car.
Dynolicious
98 Jetta TDI
VEG-216, Chipped, muffler delete
3000 Lbs & 15% drivetrain loss
121 HP (2nd gear pull)

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Will you accept similar accelerometer guessed peak power numbers from G-Tech devices on this thread?
Similar concept to the phone based programs: input the guessed weight, level the device, accelerate. Then it's just math: F=M*A.

And how did you determine the drive line losses? Not that it matters as wheel HP is all that counts. If you want a bigger HP number for boasting purposes use 20% loss and calculate fudged power at the top of the pistons rather than half-fudged at the flywheel.:rolleyes:

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Any accelerometer-based dyno app is not worth the results it gives without inputting things like accurate weight from certified scales with the EXACT payload at the time of testing, tire size, gear/final drive ratios and coast-down tests, the latter preferably on as near perfectly level stretch of road as possible and averaging runs at least once each in both opposing directions to factor out tail/headwinds and grade differences.

Putting a guesstimate weight can throw off the HP results significantly. Drivetrain loss factors are dubious as well.

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
Yup! But if they are accurate in identical repeated tests, they could provide a way to measure changes in performance.

Even professional dynos are "inaccurate" compared to other professional dynos...