www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > New Beetle TDI Picture Gallery

New Beetle TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a New Beetle TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old March 7th, 2001, 23:43   #1
ringo

Default Travels with Ringo

Firstly, Thank you for your nice comments from my last post, this seems to be a nice place to hang out and talk about cars etc.
I am flattered that some of you used my photo as a screensaver. I am not a professional photographer but I recently bought a great digital camera so now that is my second hobby.
I have added a new page to my website called travels with Ringo (Ringo is the name of my bug, after Ringo Star the other Beatle)
Let me know what you think. Ringo http://newbug.net/new_page_1.htm
ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2001, 09:32   #2
SkyPup

Default Re: Travels with Ringo

Super Nice Pics, RINGO certainly is a STARR!

Good thing the brakes work good too!

http://newbug.net/Ringo_at_Deadhorse_Point_4.jpg
Old March 8th, 2001, 14:29   #3
chutzpah
Veteran Member

Some of those pictures are absolutely breathtaking! I am dying to take a road trip out West again. Bryce canyon was my favorite among the national parks I visited last time I was out there (I must have been about 12).
chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2001, 19:44   #4
NBKrissie
Veteran Member

Ringo, do tell what digital camera you are using! I am turning over the future purchase of a digital camera [I want to post a photo of Wolfgang, my NB] but I am overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of choice in front of me.

------------------
01 NB GLS TDI Techno-Blau. 6-CD changer w/hard cover; black flaps; armrest cupholder insert; Lexan fog lamp covers. Pure Rice: Silver TDI emblem; yellow silk daisy in bud vase!
NBKrissie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2001, 09:32   #5
zilym

Fuel Economy: 57/41/36

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NBKrissie:
I am turning over the future purchase of a digital camera [I want to post a photo of Wolfgang, my NB] but I am overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of choice in front of me.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try http://www.dcresource.com/ for lots of digital camera reviews, sample photos taken under each camera, etc.

------------------
Ed Schlunder (zilym@SPAMNOT.yahoo.com)
2001 TDI New Beetle: white, manual, cd changer, spoiler, and buckets of fun!

Passengers Wanted
zilym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2001, 00:13   #6
ringo

Ok the camera I have is an Olympus 2100UZ. It retails for $800-1000 depending on where you go. There are many choices out there, I thought about the canon 990, which has 3.34 Mega pixels, but it is hard to use the controls plus has a very small lens. My friend has one for work (he is a photo journalist) and said it does poorly with other added lenses.
I am very happy with the 2100, It is easy to use, I am just using auto settings right now so later I may get more into manual override.
It is a little big but what do you expect from a great camera.
Go to this site for reviews http://www.steves-digicams.com/c2100.html
Hope that helps, sorry if this not on the true subject of beetle tdi’s.
If you want some more photos I took myself (not of beetles) please e-mail me and I will send some to you OK. Ringo

ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2001, 23:14   #7
schnabba
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 52/45/40

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ringo:
Ok the camera I have is an Olympus 2100UZ. It retails for $800-1000 depending on where you go. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a good camera - I have 2 of the C-2500L models, and the larger lens makes for excellent pictures.

nice pics of the car and the travels - makes me want to head out west again (haven't been out there since 1981) [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
schnabba is offline   Reply With Quote