Dyno Results :)

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Cool,

You sure those numbers are right? DaSilva usually pulls 1000hp+ turbo stangs. May need calibration for low triple digits. :eek: :D

If i look at your sig, that's with nozzles and tune?

Pete

TDI'ed

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI
Here we go... yes you are reading correctly. I am sure these are correct as I had a friend with a Mazdaspeed 3 dyno at 260 HP, 290 Ft/lb (not stock), 1997 M3 at 275 hp and 246 ft/lb and a 2009 335i at around 260 hp and 270 ft/lb (can't remember exactly). The first is in third gear I think and second pull is in fourth. I requested him pull from 1800 to 4300 but I think he waited a bit and started just after 2000 rpm. I will post the video up momentarily as its uploading to youtube at the moment.

Below is a dyno from dieselinsides website with a car almost identically set up as mine.

Last edited:

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
TDI'ed said:
Here we go... yes you are reading correctly.
Chris, It was a joke...chill..... :D

I dyno'd my 1600cc aircooled at 59hp- 65ft/lbs, you should have seen the look on their faces.

Went back a couple yrs later and layed down 187HP-175ft/lbs. :eek:

Pete

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
By not starting earlier, you are missing the peak torque of the VNT-15.

TDI'ed

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4am2ZJEpRw I'll post up a video of the exhaust once my buddy sends me the file. Sorry for jumping on you Pete.. I am just used to seeing other peoples dynos dumped on :) I am claiming the lower torque figure as being more accurate though. I do wish they had of done the pull from 1800 rpm as I asked... might have seen a touch more torque. One way or the other.. I am happy :D

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
I think we'd rather see a freight train than wheels goin roun and round

Bush Hopper

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
97 Eurovan, 2001 Jetta and a few other
sEdited
You should still come out to the Diesel Doctor dyno day. :) Compare the cars on the same dyno. Numbers vary from dyno to dyno, from what I know Dyno Jets give higher numbers comapared to mustangs and etc.

Last edited:

TDI'ed

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI