First ever DYNO results,not right? DYNO PLOT pic

gor131-x

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Passat 1.9 TDI (PD)115
had the car dyno'ed today for the first time since doing the mods,and from a 115,i got 161hp with 150 whp,however,it didnt run very smooth and even though the new uprated sachs clutch with new DMF has only 300 miles on it,it was still shuddering really bad,is it the clutch/DMF setup or is it the map?

thanks

johnnloki

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI
You're supposed to be nice and gentle to your clutch for the first thousand or so miles. Dynos aren't gentle.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
johnnloki said:
You're supposed to be nice and gentle to your clutch for the first thousand or so miles. Dynos aren't gentle.
I disagree... you usually engage the clutch gently on the dyno. When was the last time you saw a dyno operator banging gears on the rollers? :rolleyes:

johnnloki

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI
VeeDubTDI said:
I disagree... you usually engage the clutch gently on the dyno. When was the last time you saw a dyno operator banging gears on the rollers? :rolleyes:
If a clutch is starting to go, a dyno will expedite it. Remeber the Montreal Dyno day? Lots of badly slipping clutches. Dynos are hard on clutches, not because of engagement, but because they put a load on the car and give more resistance than the car should see normally.

All that said, though, it's possible that the dyno plot just hasn't been smoothed- most plots aren't pretty curves, but are jagged jumps that are smoothed out by the software of the machine.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
New clutches don't have the rated holding power until broken-in, nor is the mating surface smooth.

300 miles might have been too early, 500 miles is what most clutches are. Some are as long as 750 miles.

gor131-x

Veteran Member
TDI
i got the clutch supplied & fitted from awesome gti and they said 250 miles and ive done around 350 when the dyno was done

ill be taking the car to the remapper on tuesday,im going to get the car put to stock and see if the clutch and or the car shudders,if it does then its the lcutch but if not then its the remap,but awesome were pretty confident the cause of the jumps was the remap done badly,mainly because i had pd130 injectors put in and that i could do with a custom remap

but normal 115's normally do 145 bhp,dont know if thats whp or at the flywheel but the guys there were impressed that i got this from a 115 from just bigger injectors,FMIC and a remap

fenwick458

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 T5 Van
gor131-x said:
but normal 115's normally do 145 bhp
i got 159bhp out of mine with just a map, then with a decat, smoothed box, cleaned manifold, egr delete it got 167bhp.

those are all flywheel figures, everything in the uk is flywheel.

i used to get loadsa flywheel judder on mine, then got a good map, fettled the clutch off, got a paddle clutch and new DMF and not felt it judder since

gor131-x

Veteran Member
TDI
mine was 161 bhp at the fly,according to what you just said,i should have got better than that as ive got the FMIC,and the bigger injectors,

just shows that the remap isnt a good one then doesnt it

ill carry on driving gently until the clutch has been bedded a couple of hundred more miles,but DAMN! just hearing that you got those figures from just a map makes me feel like ive just wasted my money on some of the mods

i remapped my old car which was 90bhp AHU engine code,and it overboosted and finished the turbo,thsi was done by chippeduk who if it wasnt for a VAG technician that wa spresent at the time there,i would never have known,but they still didnt own up to it,they used a map from a 110bhp because they couldnt find the right map for my engine,pretty much sums them up,sorry if im being harsh about chippeduk but i did not like jasons attitude whatsoever,

and upsolute is a recommended remapper on loads of forums which is why i went with him

2 different remaps,both not working out for me,

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
What do you mean ChippedUK there great..........................................................................NOT!! i've heard alot worse i'm afraid.

KROUT

persona non grata
Bob_Fout said:
New clutches don't have the rated holding power until broken-in, nor is the mating surface smooth.

300 miles might have been too early, 500 miles is what most clutches are. Some are as long as 750 miles.
That all depends on the material the clutch is made from. I used to use luke clutches in my many 4x4 toyota mud trucks. I took it right from the garage to the mud. Never had one fail or slip. Never gave any break in time. Redlined the crap out of it with less than 50 miles on them.

Now these new feramic clutchs I agree have to be broken it.

gor131-x

Veteran Member
TDI
i just didnt want to start an argument on here about chippeduk,but im glad im not the only victim

well this is the sachs uprated clutch and is rated to 420NM torque,it drives fine now but i havent done a racing start yet and im not going to yet either,just a couple hundred more miles

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
If youre getting 160+ with the stock VNT15 then your tuner must be an total amatour with no knowledge of whats the safe limit of the parts. EMPs must be just crazy....

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
PD115's have vnt15's? Learn something new everyday. Yeah, you need a much bigger turbo to continue your hp quest for sure...

gor131-x

Veteran Member
TDI
ive just bought a pd150 ARL turbo and will be fitting that soon

and when i have some more funds then im going to hybrid it

the dyno is fine,its the map,so what do i say to my tuner?

im going to him tomorrow

fenwick458

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 T5 Van
what ECU are you using?

the early PD's had different stuff on the ECU, made it tricky to map and difficult to get over 170ish hp or so i've heard. i know of several others including myself which when tuning these a 130 ECU needed to be fitted in order to change the required amount of parameters. the most popular one to go for is the "FG" from an early 130.

you lot in the US can just ignore this part, all your PD's got the even newer EDC16
who is mapping it?

gor131-x

Veteran Member
TDI
upsolute ccctech

but wont a different ecu number not be compatible with my car?and if i fit a different one,wont the wiring have to be changed? also how do i know if mines the earlier one?

fenwick458

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 T5 Van
i'm not sure if you'll need a passat ECU or not, maybe any old PD ECU will work?

you don't need to change the wiring or anything, just plug and play(the immobiliser needs coding in if it's not already turned off)

to check your ECU part number you could have a look on vag com if you have it? or failing that whip off the scuttle panel and have a look at it, part number is on the casing.
if yours ends in CJ, then you will be able to put an FG(130) or HJ(130) ECU in no problem, but if it's some sort of passat specific ECU then you'll have to find an ECU from a passat PD130