My Dyno results

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
I went to EIP tuning in Westminster, MD to get my TDI dynoed. This is the first TDI that they've ever tried to measure. They informed me that they could not get a reading from the tackometer to measure RPM and calculate toruqe. First, I thought I wasted my money and they didn't know what they were doing. I got my print-out paid my money and went home.

Not being satisfied, I did some research here and read all of the threads dealing dyamometers. I should have done this FIRST. Oh well. Now, heaving read all of them, I think I now understand the basic issues that all of you have been dealing with since 1999.

Anyway, here are the results. BTW, I can't get my scanner connected because of my upgrade to windows 98, but will try to get it scanned at work.

Hp is 108.9 at the wheels. So, using 15% I guess that means 125.2Hp at the engine? Like Skypup has pointed out about the max boost, they informed me that the strongest "pull" is in 3rd gear, which makes sense.

Overall, regardless of the numbers, I am very happy with the Upsolute chip and Pipercross cone fileter. I agree that the numbers don't explain how the car drives and performs.

[ April 08, 2001: Message edited by: tongsli ]

Keith

Veteran Member
Be careful with EIP Tuning. Let me repeat, be careful of EIP Tuning.

I paid them $2000 to replace a diesel engine in a Quantum. After 2 months of waiting, nothing was done to the car. Then when they saw me try to take away the car, they removed the engine and then resumed doing nothing for another month.

The lesson: Don't pay a shop a dime until the car is done.

Keith.

TDi RAY

Veteran Member
TDI
Jolf '00 Nogaro Blue.
if you use the formula HP X 5252 ÷ RPM = Torque. you have to figure out at what speeds you are at and the corrorsponding rpm to figure it though. The guy who dyno'ed me did all of this with me. You can also talk to Gary he can do it all quickly on excel.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Thanks Mickey & TDiRay!!

I appreciate the info

Thanks Keith.

This was my first time there and although they do seem to have many products available, I have my own mechanic that I trust. He doesn't specialize in VW's but I know he won't rip me off.

[ April 08, 2001: Message edited by: tongsli ]

M

mickey

You should easily be above 200 lb-ft of torque with that power output.

-mickey