www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+)

VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+) Discussion area for the 2012+ Passat TDI (North American and rest of world versions versions). The North American model was previously codenamed NMS (New Midsize Sedan) and the version the rest of the world gets is sometimes referred to as B7.

Old June 7th, 2019, 11:15   #16
Fixmy59bug
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Check my Fuelly Tag for most up-to-date numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatzee View Post
Because to me, it doesn't handle like a VW should, which is probably by biggest disappointment
Just out of curiosity, Vw are you comparing the handling to?

It's never going to handle like a GTI or GLI from the factory. Those are "sports" cars where as the Passat is a family car.

If you want better handling with a stock-ish ride, I highly suggest the Koni Special Active shocks and struts. That will give you a better all around ride instead of the floaty boaty suspension you have now.

I would also highly suggest a 24mm rear sway bar. This will flatten out the turns so the body doesnt lean over as much and you can throw it into a turn with a little more confidence.
Old June 14th, 2019, 17:27   #17
yatzee
Veteran Member

TDI(s): see sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixmy59bug View Post
Just out of curiosity, Vw are you comparing the handling to?
It's never going to handle like a GTI or GLI from the factory. Those are "sports" cars where as the Passat is a family car.
If you want better handling with a stock-ish ride, I highly suggest the Koni Special Active shocks and struts. That will give you a better all around ride instead of the floaty boaty suspension you have now.
I would also highly suggest a 24mm rear sway bar. This will flatten out the turns so the body doesnt lean over as much and you can throw it into a turn with a little more confidence.
Mostly comparing to my MK4s.

I think I will go with the Special Active and the bigger rear bar and see how it goes. Thanks for your input
Old June 16th, 2019, 09:43   #18
thundershorts
Veteran Member

setting rear camber to 1.5 degree negative makes a noticeable difference.