Trading in my VW Golf 11 for an Audi A3 10

chgofirefighter

TDI
2011 VW Golf 4 Dr
Well, it's the same engine but thinking about upgrading to a higher end model car, more room, a bit more features, comfort. Getting a 2010 Audi A3 TDI TSI version, love the car... My VW Golf is 2011 so basically ill b trading down for a year older but nicer car. The Audi only has 19k miles one owner..

Any thoughts? Advice? Thanks to all in advance

seatour1

TDI
'13 Golf TDI, '13 A3, 1983 Caddy Diesel
Hello,
We had an '11 Golf TDI...now a '13 w/tech and a 2013 A3 w/nav. You will find the A3 to be a wee bit slower than the Golf, most likely due to the weight. I prefer the added heft though and it seems quieter too. My wife, at 5 ft, needs a pillow to drive the Golf but in her A3...no pillow needed.
I like the looks of the A3 over the Golf. Also in the 2010 you will have the block heater. It was deleted in 2012.
What you will miss...the steering controls on the Golf. It is just much better.
For more info have a look at Myturbodiesel.com.
Regards,
Joe

jni3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 sportwagen tdi / 2012 golf tdi
how much more are you going to have to pay to trade down?

03Springer

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL+ 2013 A3 TDI
how much more are you going to have to pay to trade down?

He's trading up! I have a Golf that I won't part with but the A3 is so much nicer. The ride, interior noise, features are top notch. Don't take this wrong as they are both VAG product but the difference is comparing Chevy to Cadillac. (I really like the new 2014 Golf wagon and if I would have waited I think that would have been parked in the garage).

You pay for what you get and sometimes you may not need or want the next level. I have owned my Golf now for 10 plus years and it's a car I can't see parting with. With that said we bought the A3 with the same mind set and will enjoy that for many years.

WIth TDI's the only way to get your moneys worth is to drive the wheels off of them, it's not a car to buy then trade in a few years later as you will never recoup the premium price for engine.

When I purchased my Golf the gas engine was two thousand cheaper so it took approximately 100K miles to make up the difference with the better mileage. Now it's making me money!