2013 pricing?

bigred 7.3l

TDI
'13 SEL Prem Night Blue on Black
I visited my VW dealer to order a 2013 Passat TDI. They put the order in to get the invoice pricing etc. I was geared to negotiate price but when they came back in they told me since VW was switching from 2012 to 2013 the price came back as N/A. They claim we have to wait until the VIN is created to get a $$$ number. Does this sound correct to you that have also recently put an order in for 2013s? Or I am I getting the run around already?

LANCECASPER

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI GLS 5 Speed (SOLD); 2006 Jetta TDI DSG (SOLD); 2012 Jetta TDI Premium 6M (Reflex Silver)
I just ordered one last week - same thing.

tdibigd

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE w/DSG, black on black
Curious - are you obligated to take delivery of your ordered car? I can't imagine that scenario w/o knowing what I was going to be paying.

bigred 7.3l

TDI
'13 SEL Prem Night Blue on Black
Curious - are you obligated to take delivery of your ordered car? I can't imagine that scenario w/o knowing what I was going to be paying.
No. I can get my deposit back if we can't agree on price or I just change my mind. Not sure how long it takes to get a VIN but I will follow up once I have the number$

TDI_Ryan

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Anyone heard anything yet? Do they usually announce pricing like a month before they start arriving in showrooms, or is that something that's done way earlier?