B5.5 Passat Rollers

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
LOL, so that is what my car would look like riced out? No thanks, but if you can stand to drive it and deal with it every day more power to you. It does look mean, but I fear it will look all cracked up from below in a short time, tires gone square with ear-bleeding road noise, and bra-strap taxing road manners over every single bump in the road. :eek:

I must be getting old, because if I were still in high school I would be all over that car. Now I am just pissed Volkswagen won't sell a proper VOLKSWAGEN minivan here. :)

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
LOL, so that is what my car would look like riced out? No thanks, but if you can stand to drive it and deal with it every day more power to you. It does look mean, but I fear it will look all cracked up from below in a short time, tires gone square with ear-bleeding road noise, and bra-strap taxing road manners over every single bump in the road. :eek:

I must be getting old, because if I were still in high school I would be all over that car. Now I am just pissed Volkswagen won't sell a proper VOLKSWAGEN minivan here. :)

Man you are a critic. Despite your comments it rides great. We also have other wheels/tires for it as well so the big ones won't be on all the time. And the car is aligned withing factory specs, so no tire squaring aside from normal.

psst1997

Veteran Member
TDI
90 Corrado G60, 90 Corrado 3.6, 92 Corrado VR6, 97 Passat TDI, 2005 Jetta TDI, 2006 Touareg V10, 2011 Golf TDI

Riced out? I don't see huge gaudy unpainted body kits on this car. Only oem Votex parts and actually VAG wheels? Opinions are one thing, but flaming is another. Maybe its not your style but, wow, you went a little overboard. And, to one of your customers at that.

You'll like these:

oilhammer

TDI
He came here asking for opinions, he got some. Yes, I am a critic. Sorry, I just do not see the B5 as a car that lends itself to these types of mods. Reminds me of an early Taurus SHO or a Dodge Spirit RT or something, that's all.

Even the B5 Passat's evil cousin, the Audi RS4, has hardly anything different appearing than its plebian A4 sibling. Other than badging, one would be hard pressed to know there was a 420hp engine lurking under the hood. Maybe I just like the sleeper look. ;)

If we ALL thought the same thing, the world would be a really boring place, now wouldn't it? :cool:

oilhammer

TDI
Here are a few rollers of my wife's passat, thanks to my friend Arash. It parks harder than it rolls, but looks good rolling too.

Let me know what you think.
Here is the highlighted quote from the OP's original post, just in case you did not see it. :rolleyes:

psst1997

Veteran Member
TDI
90 Corrado G60, 90 Corrado 3.6, 92 Corrado VR6, 97 Passat TDI, 2005 Jetta TDI, 2006 Touareg V10, 2011 Golf TDI
As I said, opinions are opinions, thats fine. Flaming is different.

rocketboy52

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat TDI
Where do you buy the Votex kits and what do they run? Do you have to paint them or can you buy them painted already?

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
The dealer did a clearance thing and you get it there, but I got mine from ECStuning.

Jethro

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 1.9
Only thing I don't like is the combination of mesh and chrome grills.

Love the stance! ZOMG it's Bada$$!