Atlanta, GA to Columbus, OH

HopefulFred

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2006, Indigo Blue
The wife and I are loading up the car to visit some friends for a few days over New Years. We'll be taking the dog. :)

It looks like the drive is about 575 miles one-way. I'll take I-75 through Chattanooga, then vere east to Oak Ridge, north across Kentucky to Cincinatti, and east on I-71 to Columbus. My still-breaking-in Golf is probably not good for that far on one tank (I'm not interested in venting). Being new to diesel fuels and southern, I'm a little concerned about fuel and cold weather. If I leave Atlanta with a full tank, I should make it to Ohio before I need to refuel. On the other hand, if I stop and refuel in southern Kentucky (or anywhere in between), will I get fuel adequately winterized for Columbus?

I've also heard that there is good B20 at the Fuel Depot, about 20 miles (?) north of Columbus. I'd like to try some (or some of that good BP Premium stuff I've read about) - do you think it's worth the drive?

I'll take some pics to share, especially if I can manage to wash the Golf before I leave. ;)