www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old October 11th, 2017, 14:39   #1
Locoelectrician
Veteran Member
Default RVC converter power question.

I replaced my RNS510 with a RCD330 on my 15 Passat SEL, and had to use a converter for the rear view camera to change the signal from rgbs (if I remember right) to composite video. Anyways, the converter needs 12v positive and ground, as well as a reverse signal to turn it on. Power and ground are easy, but reverse not so much. Does anyone have any experience with these and know if it would harm it to have 12v on the reverse input at all times? Wouldn’t change how the camera or radio works, but I’m just curious if the converter could not tolerate being powered at all times. Thanks.
Locoelectrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 08:41   #2
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

May have a problem draining the battery when parked for longer periods of time if you do that.
Old October 12th, 2017, 09:21   #3
Locoelectrician
Veteran Member

It would be on switched power, forgot to mention that. By all times I meant any time the car was on.
Locoelectrician is offline   Reply With Quote