www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Old June 4th, 2020, 03:06   #1
Pike25lb

TDI(s): 2.0
Default Camshaft replacement pd scout

*Camshaft replacement pd

Hi all I'm not sure if this is in the right section*
I have a 2010 skoda scout 2.0tdi pd the cam shaft is worn so I am thinking of replacing it but I dont want to move the timeing side of things also dont have a vcd to fine tune the timeing so is there a way I can just do a straight cam swap and keep the timeing side fixed any vids or advice sure my engine is the same as the jetta 1.9 pd ta
Pike25lb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2020, 04:26   #2
Mozambiquer
Veteran Member

It's very difficult to do a cam replacement without messing up the timing. My dad tried it on an mkV Jetta for the very same reason. It ended up being one notch off and we had to tow it to a shop which had the tool to get it set. (The guy didn't use the tool though and cut corners so the timing was still off, but it would run) later I got a set of timing tools and set it correctly.
How long has it been since your timing belt was replaced?

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
Old June 4th, 2020, 04:49   #3
Pike25lb

TDI(s): 2.0

Hi not sure when it was replaced or even if it has been replaced
That is my concern if I move the timeing my neighbor's does have a copy of a vcd disk he said I could borrow but I provs wouldn't know what I was looking for with that
Pike25lb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2020, 05:43   #4
Mozambiquer
Veteran Member

How many kms on the car? I'd highly recommend replacing the timing belt, tensioners and water pump at the same time. Otherwise you'll probably have to put an engine in if the belt breaks.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
Old June 4th, 2020, 06:38   #5
tactdi
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2005.5 Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike25lb View Post
Hi not sure when it was replaced or even if it has been replaced
That is my concern if I move the timeing my neighbor's does have a copy of a vcd disk he said I could borrow but I provs wouldn't know what I was looking for with that

VCDS is not on a disk, it is downloaded from the Ross-Tech website, if it is on a disk, the software and cable is probably a pirated copy, and the disk could be virus infected. Be careful if you do use that copy.
tactdi is offline   Reply With Quote